1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Smaller-footprint, MIDI-switchable reverb?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Johnny Mac, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    My current reverb is a Hardwire RV-7, which does what I need it to do, but I'm becoming less enamored with the sound lately (it has this metallic harshness that I can't seem to dial out). It also lacks some reverb types (shimmer mainly) that I would like to play with. I'm looking at potential replacements, and I'd like something with MIDI-switchable presets since I'd also like to add a Boss ES-8 (or something similar) in the near future.

Pretty much all of the reverbs I can find that fit the bill (like the Bigsky and the Empress) are massive, and I'm wondering if anything with a smaller footprint exists. Smallest I can find that can do this is the Eventide H9; there's the Neunaber Expanse range but AFAIK those only take the ExP controller and not MIDI (unless there's an adapter out there).

Is there anything out there that I'm missing? Doesn't need to be super-tiny, I'd just prefer something that isn't enormous. Not willing to give up the MIDI compatibility though.