Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

smaller gig combo; what dyou suggest?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nunk6, Jan 24, 2001.

1. nunk6

nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    im looking for a smaller combo thats pushes about 80- 150 watts and isnt all fancy with eq and such just a simple amp to amplify my bass in order to be heard with an ensemble;
    inexpensive is also something im looking for in this amp say about $200-$600
    anyone here have suggestions?

2. Reid

Reid

Aug 25, 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    Workingman's 12, or 15 if you can find it for the right price. Can't go wrong with either of those.

3. Also Fender Bassman 100. Nice amp.

4. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    The WM 15 is nice but they just raised the price again,so you might want to look at the Ampeg BA115.

5. NJXT

NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    I agree, Fender Bassman 100 and WM 12 are nice amps. According to the music you play (volume), the Bassman might not be powerfull enough, but that's just my 2 cent.
    YOu might wanna try the Warwick CL or Warwick Sweet 15

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Harke Kickbacks are also within your specs.

Will C.:cool:

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i've tried the ampegs, both b100 and ba 115. they are for sure lod enough! i prefer a little bit the soun of the b100, but the ba has more and more interesting controls

8. I use a Polytone Minibrute III for most small gigs and it sounds quite good and you should be able to find one in your price range, they come up on ebay regularly. .

9. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Ampeg BA-115!!!

10. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    If you go used you might get more bang for your buck. I paid $475 for my Carvin Cyclops. It has 2x8, 1x15 and pumps 600w bridged or 300x300 biamped.

Extremely cool deal within your price range.

The extra power gives you head room.

The only problem is it's 103 pounds.

The 2x10 model is a little lighter and also you might find it a little cheaper too. :)