Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

smaller scale acoustic type bass guitars?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TenorClef, Dec 26, 2005.

1. I spent about 20 minutes or so looking for an acoustic bass on the net that has a smaller scale length i.e body connects at the 12th fret instead of the usual 14th or worse 16th fret! Any links you guys know of, please post them here, thanks

TC.

2. tiredman9

tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    www.roballenguitars.com He makes a mouse bass that has a 30" scale. There are also some other bass guitars that are short scale but the only other semi-acoustic one I can think of is the Hofner "Beatle Bass", cheaper versions are made by many companies such as Rondo, Rogue and Jay Turser.

Use the search feature and search for short scale basse. There have been quite a few topics on this and on Acoustic Bass Guitars (better known as ABGs).

3. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
  4. RaTTeR

RaTTeR Don't forget your towel!

Dec 25, 2005
    Riverside, Ca
    I carry an Ashbory bass ( www.largesound.com ) in the car with a 1w headphone amp. Fretless with an uprights growl - Very nice for those of us just learning with little time. My son keeps wanting to borrow it for his band.