smallest cheapest practice amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joetheragman, Dec 7, 2004.

1. joetheragman

Oct 4, 2004
    What is the smallest cheapest practice bass amp you have run across? Headphone amps don't count. I already have a Peavey microbass. I am looking for smaller yet. I wish to put it behind the sofa and use it to practice and noodle on in the living room without disturbing the decor and me missus.
  2. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    err ..

probably it'll help if you define 'cheapest' ?:)
  3. I think the Behringer BX108 looks cool.

Mind you, I haven't played one so I don't know what it sounds like - but it's small and cheap - :bassist:
  4. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

I've got a pretty small one for sale cheap. It's a Squire SK-15B.

Sounds pretty good, and I just replaced the stock speaker with a no-name that rated a bit higher. Gets plenty loud for living room practice.

Dimensions are 13"w x 16"h x 9" deep. About the same size as the Behringer and it'll go for a lot less! Maybe even on a trade towards the Microbass (hint, hint).

5. The aforementione behr amp sells cheaper on some other websights.

I should also suggest the pignose. It has cult appeal.
  6. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Try to find a TraceElliot Boxer.
    Cheap and mucho better than Behringer. To me...
  7. joetheragman

Oct 4, 2004
    I guess I should have mentioned cheap, cheezy, quality no issue. It just has to have a speaker. Winner so far is Drive for $39 at MF. But I was hoping there would be one even smaller. I have good stuff for when it is needed, but this is just to tuck behind the sofa.
  8. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    drive to a music store in a nearby town,

walk in a grab a VERY portable amp,

run like h3ll!

9. Get a ABG. My thunderchief is probably louder than any of these amps we mentioned. Get a cheap Korean Olympia one. This is a great "couch bass", and you will likely spend more time playing it simply becasue it is always around. Much better investment than a fart box.