Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

smallest cheapest practice amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joetheragman, Dec 7, 2004.

1. joetheragman

joetheragman

Oct 4, 2004
    florida
    What is the smallest cheapest practice bass amp you have run across? Headphone amps don't count. I already have a Peavey microbass. I am looking for smaller yet. I wish to put it behind the sofa and use it to practice and noodle on in the living room without disturbing the decor and me missus.

2. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    err ..

probably it'll help if you define 'cheapest' ?:)

3. I think the Behringer BX108 looks cool.

Mind you, I haven't played one so I don't know what it sounds like - but it's small and cheap - :bassist:

4. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

I've got a pretty small one for sale cheap. It's a Squire SK-15B.

Sounds pretty good, and I just replaced the stock speaker with a no-name that rated a bit higher. Gets plenty loud for living room practice.

Dimensions are 13"w x 16"h x 9" deep. About the same size as the Behringer and it'll go for a lot less! Maybe even on a trade towards the Microbass (hint, hint).

dcr

5. The aforementione behr amp sells cheaper on some other websights.

I should also suggest the pignose. It has cult appeal.

http://www.pignose.com/

6. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Try to find a TraceElliot Boxer.
    Cheap and mucho better than Behringer. To me...

7. joetheragman

joetheragman

Oct 4, 2004
    florida
    I guess I should have mentioned cheap, cheezy, quality no issue. It just has to have a speaker. Winner so far is Drive for $39 at MF. But I was hoping there would be one even smaller. I have good stuff for when it is needed, but this is just to tuck behind the sofa.

8. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    drive to a music store in a nearby town,

walk in a grab a VERY portable amp,

run like h3ll!

:)

9. Get a ABG. My thunderchief is probably louder than any of these amps we mentioned. Get a cheap Korean Olympia one. This is a great "couch bass", and you will likely spend more time playing it simply becasue it is always around. Much better investment than a fart box.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154737