Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Smallest Jazz Bass Body???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Jan 25, 2002.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Who makes the smallest jazz bass body?? sadowsky, mike lull, pensa???

2. you might want to check out the warmoth dinky jazz bass body. I dont know if its the smallest, but its really small.

3. I don't know who has the smallest bass body but for great value you can't beat Sadowsky! ;)

I'm sorry; I couldnt' resist.

I am 6' 2" and lean. The Sadowsky body is very comfortable. I don't have a problem with most body shapes unless it's something compeletely awkward like a Firebird or Flying V shape. Note the Sadowsky balances very well sitting or standing and I find this to be extremely important.

5. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    M.J., I think there would be a neck dive issue with a body that small. The Pedulla Rapture series is a small body bass, if not exactly Jazzish.

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    neck dive? really? how small is this body?? i've seen Pensa, and Sadowsky's. is it smaller than these???

i'm thinking of getting the Jay Jr. by USA Custom which is their "dinky" jazz body.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Conversely, who has the biggest Jazz Bass bodies? I like my basses to be surf-boardish!

8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    This is a Jazz inspired body that Curbow designed. And, the other is a 6 string Jazz that he came up with. You wouldn't believe how light the 6 string body is.

[​IMG]

9. This is probably a very silly questions but...
    does the 6 string neck fit into a standard 4 or 5 string jazz body cut out? I've wanted something like that for years.

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    AFAIK,

no, you cant put a 5 or 6 string neck on a bass built for 4. the pickups, and especially the neck cavity have to be wider. sorry. :(

11. I knew I'd have to rout for new pickups, but hoped the rest would somehow have been modified so as to be adaptable. Darn! Thanks! Jim

12. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That six-string body looks SO sweet. My computer-room is reeking from the GAS i'm getting. Can't wait for my six-string J from Shuker.

13. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    BTW, what's up with that violin? Do Curbow make/repair violins aswell?

14. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    He does repairs, and sales. That's just a piece that is for sale in his shop, I think.