1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SmallSound/BigSound Mini **** Overdrive demo vid

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by behndy, Jul 9, 2012.

1. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    yahhhhhhhp. BriBri took the So Hawt It's Cool (mmmmmm....... CHEESE TALKING) **** Overdrive, slimmed it down to a tiny box, took out the Crackle Switch, added a Bias Knob.

verrrrrrrrrrry cool and angry little thing. this is a demo of the prototype he sent me........

2. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    For some reason....I need ALL new pants.

3. dharmashawn

dharmashawn Owner, Handlebar Moustache In Memoriam

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    Bias is a weird word!!

Let me tell y'all I DIG the Sh^t out of my $100 Ddyna Thinman

4. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Nice! :bassist:

My very own Fuuu OD showed up today, and I'd say this video does a good job covering the various tones and general vibe that it has. I don't really know how much I'll use the crackle mode, but I definitely think I'd rather have a bias knob, so I may swap it out for one of these minis when they're available.

5. Awesome! :D

6. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    Only Brian would be able to get a fuzzy OD as thick and growly as that and still get the articulation as defined as it is.

Great demo, Oh Captain, my Captain.

7. The delay part at the end was awesome.

8. Yeah man, I liked the Timeline part too. I also like the, for lack of a better term, sketch type coloring you got going on there. Kinda makes it a little more interesting. Nice job Behndy! :cool:

9. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    rarrrr. thanks y'all!

it's... a damn tasty pedal. and yesh MooteMoote, i had an OG Fuuuuuu-, while awesome i like this one a little better. Bias (such a weird word) knob gives a bunch of stuff from sorta starved to almost gated. the Crackle is a GREAT idea, but it never really worked well for me on the bassin's.

and... that's the only instrument i can kind a little play.

YARP. SEA LEGS.

10. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Yup, I'm pretty useless on anything except bass (save maybe some really simple synth stuff) so I'm really only interested in how it sounds with bass.

There's a lot of variation available with just the gain and high cut knobs, but it's always nice to have one more parameter to adjust :)

11. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I'm going to have to try to use head phones to listen to this. It's almost too bassy through my surround sound speakers.

Did you mic or di or both Ben? Either way, it sounds great, but my speakers want to explode. lol

12. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    BOOM. nicest thing you could say homie.

just mic. a Shure Beta 52 pointed at the cab, a sm58 sitting on the couch pointed at my face. then i mute everything but the talking on the 58.

boooOoOOOoooOOOOOoOoooom.

13. Great video behn! I really like the idea behind these pedals, but I have a (not so) minor anxiety attack when I think that my speakers are blown, or are being pushed too hard. Dunno if this pedal would work for me :ninja:

14. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    lol. mannnn... jwarious's just being a PUNK. the demo's always sound fine on my monitors at home, and i don't push my bass cab NEAR blowing.

is there bad low end for anybody else? or is it just jWAR's Tandy 200's?

OOOOOO!! SICK BURN YO!

15. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Lol

16. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    Wow that pedal is really cool

17. smllsnd/bigsnd

smllsnd/bigsnd Commercial User

Mar 18, 2009
    philadelphia, PA
    owner, smallsound/bigsound
    you can think of the mini-version as "just" an overdrive - it won't push your speakers or your amp any more/less than any other fuzz/overdrive/etc. the bias knob is similar in implementation, yet completely different in operation than the crackle mode on the f_uck. setting the bias lets you get some gated/lo-fi sounds or clearer/less gain than standard.

also, the full f_ck crackle mode does push your speakers hard, but i test them constantly on my ampeg rig (at volumes where i need earplugs) and have toured with one for the past year and haven't had any problems.