1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Smallsound Buzzz users?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 2010P, Dec 16, 2017.

1. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Any updated reviews of this thing? How's the lows on the Buzzz?

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I've played it many times, depending on your settings, there is plenty of low end.

blindrabbit and 2010P like this.
  3. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    My boy @IngloriousOz has remarked it’s massive in a mix. So I assume that means the low end is there. I’ve never played one myself though.

2010P likes this.
  4. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Thanks. Some of the vids do make it sound huge, but I'm always a little worried with the lows on the Superfuzz circuit in general. Good to hear some real world reports.

5. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Yeah I would be too normally. But I’m almost sure I heard somewhere that he designed it to be used with bass as well. Could be wrong but I thought I heard that somewhere.

willsellout likes this.
  6. smllsnd/bigsnd

smllsnd/bigsnd Commercial User

Mar 18, 2009
    philadelphia, PA
    owner, smallsound/bigsound
    hey! it's got low end for days. 2 or 3 peeps said too much low end (!) but obviously ymmv depending on your specific setup and the pedal settings - unfortunately i don't remember their particulars. in any case, it does let through a bit more bass than a standard superfuzz.

RickyT, gregmon79, 2010P and 3 others like this.
  7. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Thanks for the post.

8. How rad is it that in the same day, Mr. Fuzzrocious and Mr. Smallsound/Bigsound (and @gregmon79) both chime in?

9. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    :D

10. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    We're buds and we like helping. Win-win!

freedomryder likes this.
  11. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life.

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, Mo
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    You're gonna make greg's head swole!!!
    :laugh::roflmao::laugh::roflmao::laugh::roflmao:

Matt Dean likes this.
  12. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Thanks for all the replies. Just pulled the trigger on one of these bad boys.

blindrabbit and smllsnd/bigsnd like this.
  13. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Got the Buzzz in today. Well, as was said already, it definitely has oodles of bass and is such a great Superfuzz variant. So many flexible choices in this pedal. It completely kicks the butt of my other Superfuzz clone. Well done Smallsound.

blindrabbit likes this.
  14. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    I use it with the more mid-range setting, and with the mellower of drive choices, plenty of lows. The max low end setting has quite a mid scoop, it does have that stoner death metal fuzz sound, but best soloed with no guitars to get in the way. Mine usually competes with a Black Arts Pharaoh (even though that's a muff variant) as a stand alone fuzz no blend needed.

15. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Ok, I just spent some time with this beast and I love it. My only request is explanation of the right side toggles. The text on the Smallsound site is written in such a convoluted way I have no idea how to make heads or tails out if it.

So can someone explain to me what is happening when these toggle switches on the right side of the pedal are toggled left and right?

16. smllsnd/bigsnd

Mar 18, 2009
    philadelphia, PA
    awesome! thanks!

uuuuuh ok maybe i can try to re-clarify.
    the bottom right toggle is a switch switch! that is to say that it swaps the functions of the top right toggle and the left footswitch. when the bottom right toggle is one way, the octave up/down will be turned on/off by the footswitch and the mid-scoop will be turned on/off by the top right toggle. when the bottom right toggle is the other way, the mid-scoop is on/off with the footswitch and the octave is on/off with the top right toggle.

so in summary:
    bottom right toggle LEFT: mid-scoop on/off (footswitch) and octave on/off (top right toggle)
    bottom right toggle RIGHT: mid scoop on/off (top right toggle) and octave on/off (footswitch)

is there a better way to write that out? i've struggled.

17. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Thanks. This clarified it greatly. I think the main problem with the explanation on the site is that you are using terms like "white triangle switch" which do not correlate to anything I can see on the pedal. But the above really helped. Hey, amazing pedal man! And thanks for the clarification.

18. smllsnd/bigsnd

Mar 18, 2009
    philadelphia, PA
    gotcha! i think that i simply neglected to update certain aspects of that write-up (years ago apparently lol) - i'll do that now! also, thanks again! i'm super happy that this thread ended on a positive note for everyone. :thumbsup:

19. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    I thought that might be the case re: the writeup. This pedal is amazing man. I'm kinda a Superfuzz guy so I'm surprised that I came to this pedal so late, but it really is the shizz! Super, super happy with it.

20. smllsnd/bigsnd

Mar 18, 2009
    philadelphia, PA
    ahem. i believe you mean the shizzz drool:poop::dead::p