1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SmallStone fuzzy/cuts out...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xwpx, Jun 23, 2007.

1. xwpx

xwpx

Mar 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Thats pretty much it... Small Stone yesterday was fine... today it started to get really fuzzy and distorted and then would cut out all together. When it was off my signal worked just fine. I have it plugged in with an adapter so its not a battery problem.
    Any ideas what it could be or how to fix it?

2. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Maybe it's a loose wire going to or from the phaser circuit?

Sounds like the jacks and the wires for the bypass are fine... so check whatever's running to the PCB itself.

3. xwpx

xwpx

Mar 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    opened it up today and didnt see anything disconnected or loose. but im also not to sure what else to look for.

4. dead power supply? (since it's not a dead battery, well...)

try it with a batter...

5. I agree with the power supply thinking - it sounds like the power isn't getting to the device as it should. Alternatively, take a look at your cables - there is probably a better chance that they are shot than there is that the SmallStone is broken.

I've used a SmallStone for many years and they have been durable and reliable as the rising sun, so unless it fell out of a moving truck or something like that, my guess is that the device is probably OK.

6. +1 It really does sound like a power issue. Is the adaptor getting hot? Tried a battery?

7. xwpx

xwpx

Mar 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    i can try a battery...but when its off the signal goes thru just fine...wouldnt that be affected as well?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021