1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Smarvo BS2 100 vs. Ampeg BA115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fredolee16, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Hi. I already has a good equipment for lager venues. I am looking for something cheap that I can use at home and for some small gigs or practice without complicate myself to much. Just a combo. I have $200 to buy a used gear and have two amps in mind that some friends offer me for the same price:
    1. The Smarvo BS2 100,,,never hear about this company and can't find some good reviews about this. Kind of scary for me to spend money for something unfamiliar but the amp has a 15 speaker, tweeter and is in mint condition for $200.
    2. The Ampeg BA115 (100 watts). Never try one of those but always hear about Ampeg reputation. It's in mint condition too.

If you guys has experience with one of both of this amps, let me hear your reviews and advices. Will be very helpful for me. Thanks.

2. Nobody?

3. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Get the Ampeg; Smarvo is dressed up junk. For practice and small gigs the BA115 is plenty loud and reasonably portable. The EQ is basic, but everything you need in a smaller amp.

4. I'd 2nd the Ampeg. I had the BA115 before and you can get a really decent tone without too much knob fiddling. It's good for rehearsals and most smaller gigs.

5. Hi.

No experience with either, but my Smarvo (Fame BVH300) has held up very nicely.

The Ampeg will have way better re-sale value though.

:)

Using which of their product(s) led You to that conclusion?

Actually, Smarvo is a huge "OEM" manufacturer, sold (/been sold) as Ashton in AUS and NZ, as Fame in Europe, and as Eden Nemesis and E-series in US.
    Rebadged by others as well I believe.

Even though I have had good luck and reliable service out of mine doesn't automatically mean they're the next best thing since sliced bread, but IMLE definitely not junk either.

Regards
    Sam