1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"smash and grab" jerks got me tonight..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DanScott, Sep 9, 2008.

1. DanScott

DanScott

Nov 28, 2007
    Kent, wa
    :crying::mad:bashed out my window, stole my laptop, and my Demeter HPB-1....They were suprised when they realized was nearby, I took chase and caught up with them, ******* threw my laptop out the window, but not the Demeter, don't buy one in the Seattle/Sea-Tac area, specially from some scumbags in a charcoal colored Honda that goes faster than my 4 banger work truck....

2. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    oh man, sorry to hear about this.

Did you happen to get their license plate #?

3. DanScott

DanScott

Nov 28, 2007
    Kent, wa
    that's why I went all "Starsky and Hutch" on them, and went on the high speed pursuit through rush hour traffic...
    the police ran the plate, and it came back as "no record"..:mad:

4. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    always cover your stuff with a towel, coat anything in your car. I never leave any gear uncovered in my ride. Even when I load in and out at club gigs I hit the alarm/locks on my SUV just while I go back and forth from club to car and never leave gear unwatched for more than a few seconds each time. Anybody see anything on the front/back seat they want and they'll just smash your window, grab it and go, doesn't take long, does it. Always hide it or dont let it out of sight for too long.

5. seriously? God! What ErnieD, said, cover it up

6. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    oh man.

Well hopefully the cops will keep an eye out for that car. I've had my car broken into before, and although my stuff wasn't worth as much as yours, I felt more violated than I could ever imagine. Best of luck getting your gear back.

7. Rycebag

Rycebag Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    yeah man cover everything up. i had my bass in my truck a year ago and coverd behind the seats and some ediots broke into my truck stole my clothes,bass, and my cd player and when i called the cops they came down and it was like they didnt even care.

8. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    I say we go get em' it pisses me off, no record on the plate, and basically they are scott free? I should break into my neighbors house and steal his stuff, no one sees it no one can turn me in. there is no justice.

9. DanScott

DanScott

Nov 28, 2007
    Kent, wa
    get this, since i travel in my work, my truck is always full of stuff, this pre and computer were completely hidden/buried under my dirty work clothes, which come to think of it, are gone too...dirty fricken Levi's, can you believe it?:scowl:

10. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Maybe the guy driving the Hondo crapped himself and needed new pants?

This is why TBers should get to carry uzis.

11. I've had people steal earplugs from me. Really.

How'd the laptop fare after being tossed out the window?

12. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    DanScott; I saw your ad on craiglsit. Sorry to hear that. I'm close by there, so I never like hearing about theft. I'll keep an eye out...

13. DanScott

DanScott

Nov 28, 2007
    Kent, wa
    it was tossed out a car window travelling about 50 mph, papers, records, reciepts, flying everywhere, and the compter tumbled out of the bag, and skidded around, like an air hockey puck..it works, but looks like it went through a meat grinder......:scowl:

14. Amen to that!

15. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst

Jun 4, 2008
    Man, what they hell does that mean no record on a license plate number!? I mean, what is the point of cars even having them if the number has no significance or value in finding who drives it? I would have just taken my rage out on the cop :p

16. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I am sooo sorry to hear that

17. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    Hey Dan, sorry to hear this happened bro, shoot me an email with the details on your Demeter and i'll spread the word to everyone in Vancouver BC about it.

I don't understand how the license plate # couldn't get traced back to the car's owner?

18. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I hate theives. In Texas, you can shoot them. Hopefully, Karma will catch up with them, but that won't make you feel any better. Sorry for you, and anyone who's victimized by scum like that.

19. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Dan - you were in Seattle when this happened, not The Dalles ?

20. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

+1. I'll keep my eyes open down here in P-town. Might be time soon to go down to some pawn shops.

I'd love to "smash and grab" one of these bastards. :mad: