Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Smashed Ibanez BTB bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jawzzz, Jun 7, 2003.

1. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    A couple weeks ago my Ibanez BTB 5 string bass fell out of the case it was in and landed face first on a concrete floor. The Mid eq pot was shoved through the body and there were some other minor scratches including two cracks in the finish that run paralell on either side of the pickups. Needless to say this looks horrible, but the bass still sounds fine. Does any one know how I can get a replacement BTB body? I looked at Warmoth, but I did not see the BTB style on thier web site. It is a see thru blue flame maple top.

2. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    The problem with that, is i have not been able to find a contact number for Ibanez. Their web site only offers factory certified repair sites. Any one have a way to contact Ibanez?

3. Try a dealer.

4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    From what I understand, you have to order Ibanez parts directly from an Ibanez dealer. They will also ask for your old body, in exchange for the new one. The way it was explained to me, Ibanez insists on taking your old parts in exchange for their new parts, because they don't want to see 'em floating around in pawnshops and on websites such as eBay and usedpartsforyourguitarsandbasses.com.

5. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Has anyone ever returned something to Ibanez b4? If so how did everything work out?

6. egb41

egb41

Mar 26, 2003
    U.S.A OHIO Columbus
    Last month I had to return my EDA905 to Ibanez for a warranty repair. (My Estring piezo wasn't operating properly). Anyhow I had to pack and ship my bass to 1726 Winchester Rd.Bensalem, Pennsylvania 19020. The phone number is 1-800-669-4226. My contact persons name is Brian ( ext#112). They put in brand new parts to repair my bass and shipped it back within two weeks in the original packaging that a new bass would be shipped to the dealer in. BTW the BTB 5 is exactly what I wanted But I could'nt afford it at the time. Beautiful instruments.Anyhow good luck it should work out my experience was good considering.

7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
  8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    lol i tried it too.... i wish there was more content

9. Lets get a pic of the damage, I am intriqued now

10. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Here it is. I could not get the cracks along the pickups to show up, but they are noticeable.

11. My condolences to jawzzz and everyone else with similar experiences!

12. If it helps, I am pretty positive that the Ibanez Corporate headquarters, or some big Ibanez office, is located in Boise, Idaho. Try and find it on something like an internet yellow pages...

Good Luck...

13. I read in a certain thread about someone, (i think she was a girl) had got is EDC or EDB replaced completely because of a crack on the neckjoint. Well... I've read also that Ibanez does not sell bodies or necks separately... so Maybe it'll depend on your case..but you should find a contact throught a dealer somehow.. and find out what's best for you.. You could also get your bass refinished by someone with experience..

14. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Thanks for the contact # egb41. I called today and got a return authorization # and I will be sending it out next week. It does not sound promising that they will replace it, but from what I have been told, it can be repaired easily.:) Hopefully I will be playing a perfect BTB soon. :bassist:

15. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    sorry to tell ya...but this is not going to be replaced....user erorr....
    i know how warrnty stuff works out...
    if you worked at a car dealership and someone came in because the motor blew its guts every where...and the cause was the owner forgetting to put oil back into the car or them screwing with it...is that going to be covered under warrnty?

no offense dude but it isn't going to be

steve

16. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado

17. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Well, I shipped out my BTB yesterday. I am going to miss it, but I figure that I can't lose. Either Ibanez will fix it, or UPS will damage it even more and then I will get a new one.:D Anyways, I dont expect to see it for at least a month, but probally longer. Right now I have my eye on another soundgear to ease my pain.;) Anyone want a SWR IOD so I can get it? If so, please look in the classifieds.

18. good luck.......and tell us how much it costed if you don't mind.....