Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Smashed SWR 410-HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chef, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    OK;
    Some time ago I bought a used swr workingmans 410 here on this board...the original speakers were replaced with the upgraded swr cast frame 10's...The cabinet had some shipping damage, and now the pressboard is done. I need a new box for it.
    I also wouldn't mind having 2 210 cabs...I'm getting older and gear ain't getting lighter:)
    I've contacted Dave at Avatar, and Mark at Dr. Bass about getting unloaded cabs to stuff my nearly new drivers in...anyone else I should contact to research good quality stout built boxes for my speeks to live in?

Thanks!

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    sure,......... "shipping damage"............'fess up, you did some kind of cool "pete townshend/jimi hendrix" type thing on a gig huh? :bassist:

come on, be honest with us, you'll feel better......... :smug:

3. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Seriously, shipping damage. Times two, actually. I bought it from "KenToby" here...it was dorked when he got it. The trip here pretty well finished it. It still works, but it makes a lot of extra "breathing and rattling noises." They're good drivers, they need a new home :meh:

4. I could have sworn the Bay had some empty SWR workingman's cabs, but I don't see them now. :eyebrow:

5. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    The other possibility might be Don at Low Down Sound, He does his share of rebuilds! www.lowdownsound.com

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If you're going the pair of 2x10 route, you oughta clone a Goliath II or Goliath III to have a proper box for the drivers...

7. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Ox: the cloth is still holding it together, so it doesn't "look like much."

Billy: I'm not building anything myself, I don't have time or sawdust skills. I'll keep that in mind tho.