1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Smb-5

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by markG, Aug 18, 2001.

1. markG

markG

May 26, 2000
    I was wondering if anyone has the Basslines SMB-5 MM replacement pickups. Do you like the sound you got? Also, where did you pick them up? I see lots of places with the SMB 4's but none with the 5 string version.

Thanks

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I got an alnico for 5-string last month with the 3-Band Tone Circuit preamp from Grasshopper at www.basscentral.com (they have a toll free number there). Grasshopper gets stuff as fast as anyone, and faster than most I've dealt with. And the prices were as good as any I could find.

Reason you don't see the 5-string version around -- when I was talking to Alex Semple at Basslines last month, he said they only had 3 of the Basslines MM for 5-strings left. He may have just been referring to the alnico version, though. If Grasshopper can't get one a.s.a.p., no one can, IME.

I don't know how it sounds. I had it sent to the luthier making the bass it will be a part of. Some folks around here have the ceramic version.