1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Smith Strings=GHS Supersteels?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mitchell Royce, Feb 15, 2005.

1. I recently bought a set of Smith strings as places around here have stopped stocking Rotosounds. I found that I really, really like the Smith's but I've come to find that those are not in stock anywhere close to me either(I bought the Smith's at Station Music which is a 2 hour drive away).
    Now, I think I remember hearing that Smith strings are just repackaged GHS Supersteels. Is this actually the case? The Supersteels would be super-easy to come by for me, without having to order over the net(I like having an excuse to check in with the music stores in my area every once in a while).

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    if made by GHS... they are NOT super steels! Smiths were my favorite strings in the 90s and I played SuperSteels in a pinch because my old guitarist could get them for me @ cost. Completely different strings!

D'Addario Pro Steels are real nice if you can get them local between the Smiths