Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Smith Strings=GHS Supersteels?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mitchell Royce, Feb 15, 2005.

1. I recently bought a set of Smith strings as places around here have stopped stocking Rotosounds. I found that I really, really like the Smith's but I've come to find that those are not in stock anywhere close to me either(I bought the Smith's at Station Music which is a 2 hour drive away).
    Now, I think I remember hearing that Smith strings are just repackaged GHS Supersteels. Is this actually the case? The Supersteels would be super-easy to come by for me, without having to order over the net(I like having an excuse to check in with the music stores in my area every once in a while).

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    if made by GHS... they are NOT super steels! Smiths were my favorite strings in the 90s and I played SuperSteels in a pinch because my old guitarist could get them for me @ cost. Completely different strings!

D'Addario Pro Steels are real nice if you can get them local between the Smiths