1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Smoking Da Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tyohars, Aug 10, 2019.

1. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    Jakarta, ID
    Hey, I have an oly Pbass. I like a lil bit yellow on that bass. So, if I smoke cigarettes on that, will it ever yellowing?

2. Samatza

Samatza

Apr 15, 2019
    Probably not the way you want plus cigarettes will kill you. Our guitar player has a strat that I assumed was yellow, it started off Olympic white many years ago but it yellowed magnificently.
    Just play and enjoy and when it has enough miles on the clock it will be yellow.

Oddly likes this.
  3. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Blippy the Wonder Slug Supporting Member

Yes, but it will take many, many cigarettes. But! That kind of yellowing can damage electronics.

Plus it smells bad. Do you really want your bass to reek of ashtray?

4. dnp41

dnp41

May 10, 2016
    Netherlands
    Leave it in direct sunlight. My 2015 arctic white p bass has changes a tiny bit in color, but under the pickguard the color is still original (otherwise I wouldn't have noticed any change, since it is very minor).

4sight likes this.
  5. Sunlight is indeed the answer, although it depends on the clear coat used. Some yellow more than others.

Wisebass likes this.