Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Smoking is bad for your Karma...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  2. Well dude, It's Bhutan. Arn't they the Amish of Asia?

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I SO want to move there.

4. Wow, sounds like a cool country.

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Anybody remember a thing called "prohibition" here in the states? Its that thing that that gave people like Al Capone the opportunity to build an underground empire. An empire that they would and did kill for. If people want it, a black market will develop.

6. if this were the us we were talking about I would say + a billion, but if you try to break the law in a buddhist place you will be destroyed by a kharma-blast. :D

7. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    There are several key differences, however, between the 18th Amendment in this smoking ban. For one thing, culturally; America was practically founded on booze, it was here from the beginning and has deep deep roots in American history. Compared to Bhutan, which has a very small smoking population, no means to cultivate tobacco on their own, and low GDP. Black market items inevitably have huge mark-ups, considering that it's already expensive to import cigarettes, and that we're talking about cigarettes, not crack or heroin, it would just be easier for people to quit smoking than try to get them on the black market...then again...

8. doesn't a bonfire of cigarette cartons seem like a bad idea? Especially for people who are opposed to smoking all-together. But really, their kharma's are going to need weeks to recover.

I wonder if they can get teh patches there.

9. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I agree that it might not be a problem there but could you imagine our government flat out banning cigarettes? :eek:

10. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Smoking is bad for your karma. It makes it smell bad, and it's impossible to get out of the upholstery.

11. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I wouldn't put anything past your government! :D

But generally, no, I can't imagine a government who derives large amounts of revenue from the tobacco industry banning cigarettes.

12. heres some good advice for you non smokers out there (im kinda straddling the boundry) LEAVE THE SMOKERS ALONE. IF THEYRE IN YOUR HOUSE BLOWING IT IN YOUR FACE OK BUT OTHERWISE KEEP YOUR NON CIGARETTE HOLDING LIPS CLOSED!!!! nothing i hate more than people who come up to when youre smoking and start their little (sniff)ehee eehe(cough) i always say "****, your lucky you dont smoke! i smoke all day and dont cough like that. maybe you were conceived with a weak sperm" i think thats kinda cruel, you know, im smoking, you come up to me and start coughing. do you go up to crippled people dancing you f@#'s? "hey there mr wheelchair whats the problem?(dancing)" i like the surgeon generals warnings. cigarette smoke may cause low birth weight. ****, found my brand. im a guy what do i care!! lmao great words from bill hicks, best standup comedian to walk this festering turd of a planet

13. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    nice. people come up to me all the time and do that and i kinda just blow a little more in their face. what do they think i care about them? mow if it was an older lady or someone that i know wasnt doing it on purpose then i would go somewhere else but its those people that just try to make you feel bad for smoking and you just want to punch them in the face!

14. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland

Wow! You're so cool.

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Have you notice that people who always bother you about smoking are people who also for equal rights... treat each other like brothers hippie type... yet they dont consider smokers to be human...

16. Wasn't that a period in history where no one was allowed to have sex? :confused:

17. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    If you consider that most hook-ups wouldn't happen if people weren't drunk, then yes.

18. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    what is that sarcasm or something? hell i dont even care.

19. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    ya i have noticed that. also i saw an episode of south park where the kids were supposed to go to a tolerance museum or something because their teacher was gay and they learned about equality and there was this nice soft moment after it and a person who was smoking walked by and they all let loose on him. it was pretty funny.

20. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    No, no... I think you're really cool.