Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Smug Blogger

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Mar 14, 2006.

1. How many free burritos did they offer you for that?

2. I would actually pay them to blog about their pastor. It's that good.

EDIT: I should also add that the vast majority of this chain's current and potential customers don't have a sufficient command of English to read a snarky hipster blog.

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    blog entries about what people had for lunch are usually insufferable, but that was gripping. :cool:

:smug:

4. :D A new signature for me!! Course, it really doesn't make any sense....

Rock on
    Eric

5. John Wilkes Booze's bassist uses a T-40. I thought that was so awesome.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I don't think I've seen anyone else besides Deion Sanders use their own nickname so much. Nicknames are only cool when other people use them, not the person who got the nickname.

-Mike

7. It's self-parody. I think I gave myself the title "Smug Bastard" back when I was a Supporting Member, and it caught on with other people.

8. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    At first, I misread the title of the thread and thought it was "Smog Blugger."

9. But it's not as cool as mine. Oh well.

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

11. I don't think I've ever gone into al pastor withdrawal. :p

12. Bruce Lindfield

But many people have adopted that position after "over-indulging" on spicy food....? ;)

13. Yeah, hyper-authentic Sichuan has put me in such a state. Man.

The Sichuanese have this dish called "water-boiled fish," which is actually fish boiled in chili oil. :eek: Obviously, it's their way of putting one over on the barbarians. ;)

14. ...says the guy who signs his post. :scowl:

15. Ahahahaha sororstitutes. Brilliant writing!

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I've always found that scowling smiley to be very intimidating. I feel like I've done something wrong. Am I doing something wrong by using my given name?

Peter.....I can vaguely remember when the smug tag was attached to you. You've been around longer than I have, so it may have even started before I came around. I remember some of the threads about your Jeep a couple years ago, and when you first moved out west.

-Mike

17. Bruce Lindfield

Smugness Abounds!! :smug:

[​IMG]

18. If you want everyone to know your given name, just put it in yer screen name, or hey, your *signature.* This is message boarding, not letter writing. We can see who's posting.

Just spreading the netiquette here.

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    We had this discussion right here in OT not too long ago. Adding it manually makes the message "seem" more personal to me than leaving it my signature. Besides, the signature space is left for funny one liners, right?

-Mike