1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Snakeskin leather Mesa Custom Shop Walkabout custom combo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by lomo, Jun 25, 2018.

1. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Price:
    Thick, meaty sounding 12" , 4 Ohm classic in Mesa Custom Shop real snakeskin embossed leather (NOT bronco vinyl). So easy on the eyes it passed my wife's "gorgeous enough to leave in the living room" test. Cab and cover are as new. Head works perfectly-only issue is minimal smudging of some lettering on the right side of the face plate (see pic). This combo is out of production. I'd love to keep this, but I also have a separate Walkabout head and have finally pulled the trigger on a small condo for me and the Mrs......it will be built and ready to move into in 2020, so over the next 18 months or so I'll be de-stuffing........it's all stuff I love......but I can't swallow it or store it in a toilet, so tough choices will be made. Price is $US . Shipping is not included (figure another 100-150ish). Combo is in Montreal but I can ship to US from VT (my next trip down will be July 11-13). Paypal. Will consider partial trades for things that are MUCH smaller....like an EHX Microsynth or nice pedal DI, a tiny PJB combo.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  2. moogieotter

moogieotter Custom Title

Jun 16, 2009
    Duluth, GA
    Sure is pretty.

3. that is hawt!

4. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Waiting for two fingers to chime in ...

two fingers likes this.
  5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I start to chew my fingernails when I fet serious about selling my 15" combo and stack. I just can't bring myself to do it yet.

I have a strict one-in-one-out policy and I have broken it. I bought an SVT with plans to sell the Mesa combo immediately...... that was months ago.

The Walkabout Scout combo is such a great amp that I can't bring myself to do it. :nailbiting:

Good luck with this. It looks as great as I'm sure it sounds.

lomo likes this.
  6. BurtMacklinFBI

BurtMacklinFBI

Apr 3, 2018
    Holy cats, that thing is STUNNING. I wish I could afford to spend the money on a second Walkabout now.

7. SactoBass

SactoBass I like all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    Top notch seller here, folks! :thumbsup:

And btw Lomo: you're gonna love condo living. I sold my big 4-bedroom 3-bath house with a pool in 2004 and bought a brand new condo, and I friggin *LOVE* it! I don't have to TOUCH the outside. When the weekend comes around, my wife and I get to decide where we want to go to have fun instead of the drudgery of having to do yard work or clean the pool. Let me put it this way: if someone *GAVE* me a house, for free, I would immediately sell it and by a condo. I realize condo living is not for everyone, but it sure is the right thing for me! Never again will I burden myself with a yard.....yuck!!!!! No friggin way. Dirt? You can have it. Weeds? They're all yours baby. Mow the lawn? Pffft. Trim the shrubery? Not! Rake the leaves? Nope! Broken sprinkler valves? Yeah, have fun with that. I'll be chillin on a beach somewhere! :)

Oh, and to get back onto topic, that Mesa combo you are selling is da bomb! GLWTS! :thumbsup:

lomo likes this.
  8. Jabba the bass

Jabba the bass Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2015
    Not to hyjack a thread but..... the only thing I miss about my house is not being able to turn it up to 11.....

lomo likes this.
  9. Frampton

Frampton Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2010
    NY
    Can somebody please buy this? It’s taunted me long enough.

lomo likes this.
  10. SonicBlueJoe

SonicBlueJoe Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    Done :hyper: