1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Snap, Growl and Punch - This ain't Rice Krispies!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rodan, Jun 14, 2002.

1. These terms are thrown around in the TB threads all the time. However, I feel like maybe we're not all using them to describe the same tonal characteristics. I know I can identify sounds which I think describe these chracteritics, but I'm not sure if your growl, for example, is the same as my growl.

I wonder if there is any way we could point out or add links to songs or sound clips which have growl, snap or punch. Moreover, can a bass with growl also have snap? and can growl have punch? can a bass with snap have punch? and can a bass have all snap, growl and punch?

Just thought I'd throw in another question out there. The older I get, the more I realize I know nothing.

BTW, I thought about this as I was eating my Rice Krispies this morning - Snap, crackle, pop - snap, growl and punch - it's all the same:D

2. That's not a bad idea...I think that it would probably take a while for anyone to do it because they'd have to find a bass that everyone agrees that is has growl or whatever and then record it. It would take a while and be a hassle, but it is a good idea ;)