Snap, Growl and Punch - This ain't Rice Krispies!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rodan, Jun 14, 2002.

1. These terms are thrown around in the TB threads all the time. However, I feel like maybe we're not all using them to describe the same tonal characteristics. I know I can identify sounds which I think describe these chracteritics, but I'm not sure if your growl, for example, is the same as my growl.

I wonder if there is any way we could point out or add links to songs or sound clips which have growl, snap or punch. Moreover, can a bass with growl also have snap? and can growl have punch? can a bass with snap have punch? and can a bass have all snap, growl and punch?

Just thought I'd throw in another question out there. The older I get, the more I realize I know nothing.

BTW, I thought about this as I was eating my Rice Krispies this morning - Snap, crackle, pop - snap, growl and punch - it's all the same:D
  2. That's not a bad idea...I think that it would probably take a while for anyone to do it because they'd have to find a bass that everyone agrees that is has growl or whatever and then record it. It would take a while and be a hassle, but it is a good idea ;)