1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Snapped String, Don't Know What I Had...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Elixar17, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Elixar17

Elixar17

May 21, 2013
    Ok, the title is pretty self explanatory but today i snapped my D string and i have had my strings on for years and can't remember what i put on my bass. So Here is my best description of the strings.

- All gold ball ends.
    - they are metal all the way along the string
    (as in no fabric at the the tuning peg end)​
    - round wound

I knows that's not much to go off, but if you could help i would be very grateful.

Thank You,
    Elixar

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    That pretty much describes all the stock/mystery strings that come on most basses. If it was a Fender they're probably fender nickel rounds.

3. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Texas
    Sounds like its probably a stock fender string. Most likely a fender roundwound stainless steel string.

4. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    I don't know what you put on your bass either but what you have on your bass now is the equivalent of GHS Precision Flats!! Seriously any new roundwound you put on the D string or any new set of roundwounds if you mean to replace the whole set is not going to sound like what you have now. Given that you leave the same set of rounds on for years it is time to dig deep, take stock of yourself, and come to grips with the fact that you might just be a flats person....

:D