Snarky Puppy fan club!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by twinjet, Feb 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I've come to realise that this phenomenal group is one of my top favorites ever. Let this be the thread where we may create discourse and share favorite songs, concerts or anything related to the genius that is this band.

Got a favorite member? Discourse!
    Got a favorite song? Discourse!!
    Did you watch them perform live? DISCOURSE!!!

Here is my latest favorite of theirs off Family Dinner, Vol. 1, featuring Magda Giannikou on vocals/accordion. Good listening gear strongly recommended!

JCooper likes this.
  2. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    Snarky introduces new dimension to jazz. Great compositions, wonderful musicianship.

3. JCooper

JCooper

Oct 21, 2009
    Vermont
    That sounds great! The Brazillian feel is excellent.

4. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    I've only seen them live once, but it was a fabulous experience. Performance every bit as razor sharp as the recordings.

5. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Exactly. They were performing in Seattle last year and really wanted to fly down to see them, but I just couldn't pull it off. When did you see them?

6. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Saw them here in Oslo a couple of years ago. They've been back here since then as well, but I couldn't make it that time.

7. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    Time to resurrect this thread, which should be way much more popular than it's been so far. I finally got to see these guys last night in Charlotte NC. I'd watched some live concert videos, so knew what to expect, but.... Wow.

As the set progressed I was struggling to think of who/what this band reminded me of, and it finally occurred to me about midway through: This is the 21st-century version of Miles Davis' Bitches Brew band. Does that make sense to anybody?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021