Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SNES emulator and games

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Anone know where I can go to DL a good emulator for SNES and NES, with a good database of games? I run Windows 2000, so I need a compatible program.

Thanks!

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Some people like snes9x but i really recommend Zsnes over it...

simply because it hadn't give me any troubles, runs fast and has this new filter that improves graphics to a "cell-shade" like graphics

Click here:
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/zsnes/zsneswv1.36.zip

also, i have played snes online (with some problems on some games though) with the zbattle program

ps: get a controller for your pc or a psx-usb adaptor for maximum enjoyment :cool:

3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Thanks Dave, I just got Zsnes, someone else recommended it to me on IM. I'll check out the controller idea. Where do you get your games from?

4. Yeah...i wanna play super mario!:D

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I already gave nick the hook up, nothing to see here. move along :cool:

6. I like the snes9x better than the Zsnes.

But the only rom I have for it at the time is Super Metroid.

7. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    www.robsgaming.com

Click the downlaods section then go from there - it has ROMS and Emulators.

Edit - allegedly ;)

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    dunno, i went to my 1337 secret h4x0r hangout and downloaded a gigabyte of snes roms overnight...

it's not up anymore :meh:

some guys here know places online though :)

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    hotline used to be THE place to get roms....but now it's gone down the tubes.

10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    www.cherryroms has a lot of games. Though some games (such as Final Fantasy) have special copyright protections on them so you can't download them. (but they can be found elsewhere)

11. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    check Kazaa. You can find a lot of good stuff on there if you know what you're looking for...

12. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    It's becoming harder and harder to find ONE site that has it ALL, whereas there used to be at least a couple of them around (vimm.net, pe2000.net, etc.). But if it's a specific ROM you're looking for and it's not too rare, just Google or Kazaa until you find it. Or e-mail Dave C? ;)

Oh, and ZSNES is very good nowadays. I remember when I had v0.700 for DOS and thought THAT kicked ass!