Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Snoop and the Chili Peppers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Suburban_punk, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    Just got back from the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Snoop Dogg concert..

Flea was AMAZING!!

TWO WORDS~

UN-REAL!!!!!

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    that's a weird mix for a concert. cool though, when I was little I loved snoop dogg. In fact I think that was the first album I ever owned.

3. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    Nice...

You know personally I don't dig rap acts???

But I have to admit, Snoop was killer!!

RHCP did it for me though.

I hadn't seen them in like 11 years..(literally)

Awesome!

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    yes 11 years...that was probably about the time that I picked up that snoop dogg album :p

5. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    Right On!

Yeah this was at Lollapalooza 2. !992

Snoop Album huh?

"were you smokin on Endo sippin on Gin and Juice"?

He played that! ;)

RHCP covered Jimi Hendrix's "Fire"

EXCELLENTE'!!!!

6. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    Thats the extent of my Spanish....

;)

7. Wasnt the Mas Volta supposed to be there too? Thay might have cancelled the Chili Pepper dates due to the death of a band member.

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    One, Two, Three and to the Four, Snopp doggy dog and doctor dre ar at yo door,....

Thats all I know.

9. Snoop seems to be cool and likes to have shows with non rap people,that's what I like about a musician,no restraints.

10. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    One other thing I wanted to point out.

It was VERY cool to see Flea play with a pick. (only a few songs, but still)

11. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    He plays most of their new album with a pick. He said he wanted to try something different, which is very cool IMHO!

But damn I want to go to a Chili concert :( I´ve been a fand of the band since Blood Sugar Sex Magik came out in 1991. :bawl:
    Why don´t they tour Iceland? WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?

12. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    That sucks...They are doing a bunch of dates in europe. You're closer than I. ;)

How much would the fare be anyway?

Just curious.

Oh...One more piece of trivia. He is still playing the Red White and Blue bass.
    The one he played on the Gov't Mule sessions.

Its the little things ya know....

13. Jiles

Jiles Banned

Nov 28, 2001
    Sounds like a winner to me. Cool for you!

14. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Yeah, I´m seriously considering going to Denmark next time they play there! Just buy a plane ticket, a ticket to the concert and I´m off! I doubt they will ever come to Iceland...

15. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    Yeah you're right.

They didn't back fill the date here with anyone???

I've never listened to the Mars Volta. I thought I saw some threads about them awhile back?

Are they any good?

16. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yes

17. Yes. Very good. The Mars Volta are my favorite band at the moment, and probably some of the most amazing music I've ever heard. Its just perfect(IMO). If you've ever heard At the Drive-In(who i also adore), the lead singer, Cedric Bixler, and one of the guitarists, Omar Rodriguez, formed The Mars Volta with keyboardist Ikey Owens(Long beach Dub Alstars, Defacto w/ Cedric and omar on drums and bass), Jon Theodore(amazing) on drums(Golden, H.I.M), Jeremy Ward as the sound manipulator (R.I.P), and lots of people on bass(they've gone through a bunch). It still has the heart of ATDI, but also(IMO again) a whole lot more. I guess they cancelled their RCHP dates due to jemey's death. Luckily, they set up their own tour and I am seeing them on the 19th, totally stoked. Their debut album, De-Loused in the Comatorium, comes out Tuesday, I recommend picking it up(I've heard the whole thing).

18. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    I was able to go see the chili peppers when they played in San Antonio, Tx a week or two ago. Amazing! It was one of those shows that meets your every expectation. well actually there was one that they didn't meet. i was sure they were not going to play soul to squeeze, but they did, and i was amazed. Also, that night, there was terrible storms all around. I'm talkin' like 40mph winds, heavy rain, Lightning and thunder. I was just waiting for the tornado(seriously). Even though the show was in anamphitheater, everyone was soaked to the bone (wind blew the rain in) but somehow, the storm added to the show in some cool ways. Lightning would flash at just the right break and thunder would do the same. The rain kinda died down toward the end of the show so that made things better. I never noticed just how loud thunderclaps are util they were comoared with a live rock band and drowned them out.
    It really was a great show. Was any one else there??

19. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    Very cool!!

When they were doing "Dont Forget me"
    The rain kicked in. And during the song there was lightnig bolts streaking across(above) the stage.

Cosmic!
    :bassist:

20. Glad to hear you had a good concert suburban_punk, I'm seeing the Chilis in a couple of months at the V festival, and I can't wait :D