1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Snoring Warriors - Get lost!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Apr 24, 2006.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  2. :oops: ZZZZZZZZZZ

Hmm, guess I'm out.

Rock on
    Eric

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Navy's tightening up on tats also. There's a new instruction on the street. It's not a good idea to get a tat that shows when you're in uniform. You could be looked at for evaluation for fitness for further service whereas before tatoos were merely grandfathered.

4. hmm... interesting comment... how exactly is it gay? I think what you meant to say was "thats stupid."

5. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    who has a tattoo less than 2cm in diameter? maybe a wedding band or something, but i've never seen anyone with any other tattoos under that or even the 3cm size.....

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    That means you can't have even a small tattoo.

Today we were instructed to document everyone's tattoos. Next week Page 13s. After that we identify the individuals who have too much exposed ink.

This is going to be interesting.

7. OMG PEOPLE!

OK, in many dialects, the adjective "gay" is the go-to adjective for anything unsavory. It has no reference to homosexuality or happiness. Get used to it. :rollno:

8. wow Alex good job. I am aware that people use gay for "anything unsavory" I think that's dumb and you obviously didn't pick up on that. I wasn't seriously wondering why he said that...

9. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Can't be more than 1/3 the exposed limb in the Air Force.

But the NAVY?!?! I thought tattoos were required to be in the Navy....something about giving the Marines something to read....

No...that can't be it...everyone knows the Marines can't read. :D

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, don't they tattoo an anchor on your forearm at the same time they're giving you that first haircut?

bc

11. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    See, "tattoo" actually means the tavern should stop serving beer and the troops should get ready to go home (or hit the bunk). This is passed over the 1MC @2155 hrs. Some dumb sailor thought it meant get ink.:smug:

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Settle down kids...

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    "Unsavory" is an awesome word. I need to use that one more.

bc

14. Cant the whole thing against people with tattoo's be nailed as discrimination ?

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I doubt it since you're not born with tattoos. Maybe if it was an essential part of your ethnic culture or something.

bc

16. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    We're also talking about China here. Not exactly the paragon of equal rights.

17. Isn't it? I use it all the time. It's so savory :D

18. Its a choice you make tho, just like a religion, yet if you were refused a job for following a faith it would be discrimitory

19. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    So is a haircut, but you can get fired for having a mohawk (just as an example).

Point 1: It's the military, and armies don't have the same rights as the general populace.

Point 2: Hello?!?!? It's China! That equal rights BS doesn't fly there.

20. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    [pansy liberal]
    But theyre trying, and if we're really nice to them, and offer them incentives then they might
    [/pansy liberal]