Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Snow Fever

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Figjam, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yes, it is only September, but i just bought a new snowboard today and now i want it to snow, lol. It is a Salomon Definition 156 cm, list $500 i got it for $300. (oo yeaaaaaa). http://www.epinions.com/content_62022389380
    So who here is lucky enough to snowboard? What kind of board to do you own? How long have you been boarding? I have been boarding for 7 years, loveed every minute, except when i fractured my tailbone once. O yea, also, have you had any injuries from it?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    28 views and no one boards? sad world.

3. oh shut up, i hate you!

i want to try snowboarding soooo bad but we get like an inch of snow every 3 years here :mad:

4. Well, I'm looking for snow too, just so temperatures would cool off a bit. I've never boarded, but I cross-country ski. Yes, I know it's not the same thing. We sometimes get a little snow toward the end of September here in North Iowa, then some more measurable amounts in October but usually doesn't stay on the ground for long. The November snows can be deep and fluffy here, and if the climate cooperates, the snow may stay until April, sometimes almost until May. However, the last two years have been quite dry winters and we didn't receive much precipitation, meaning not much snow, so I haven't been able to do much skiing for over two years. I'm really looking forward to the coming winter (???). I really like the snow, but most people around here don't like to endure it for five or six months. I believe I understand your "snow fever".

5. I want it to snow real bad. I have a Ride Mountain 163 and with Burton custom freestyle bindings and DC boots. I need to bring it in for a serious tune-up soon, the last time i went riding it was real late in the season and the trails i was on had pretty poor cover and i gouged the snot out of the base on rocks and roots and stuff and now it needs some serious p-tex work. I have been riding for the last 6 years and i skied for 3 years before that. I found riding much harder and a heck of a lot more fun than skiing.

I hope the snow comes soon and happy trails to all the riders.