1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Snow Rage?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by burk48237, Mar 14, 2008.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
  2. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Oh come on now! That article is so skewed!!!

They weren't Canadians, they were froggies from Quebec! My cousins in Ontario would be insulted by that article!

:D

By the way... y'all ain't NEVER seen racism or hatred, until you've seen Cancucks hatin' on Quebecies. WOW are they vicious.

3. falstro

falstro Good Bassists Don't Forget Anything

With you living in the Good Old US of A, what do have against froggies from Quebec? :confused::spit:

4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    French Canadians, that explains everything!:D

5. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    i can defend french-canadians with two phrases:

habitant pea soup,
    poutine.

je me souviens, mes frères/soeurs!

disclaimer: the author of the above statement grew up in northern Maine, and has seen the good, bad and fugly in relation to our northern brethen/sistren.

6. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    he didn't say the Americans did... he said we Anglo-Canadians did...

7. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

There's been lots of road rage reported lately. Yesterday three guys driving in BC was first run off the road by a guy in a pickup and then when the three guys got out of the vehicle that was in the ditch the guy in the pickup came back around, swerved at them and hit and killed one of them. It makes me want to puke. Apparently the guy in the pickup went nuts after the three other guys passed him. So far they haven't caught the suspect.

8. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

In case you're not aware that term is usually considered very offensive by French people.

9. falstro

falstro Good Bassists Don't Forget Anything

Got that right!

10. Ce que tu dis abooot ?

11. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    To show the inexactitude of your translation, here is what you wrote and what you meant, side by side. :p
    - Ce que tu dis aboooot?
    - De quoi est-ce que tu parles?

BTW, if Quebec citizens have become violent and irritable due to an amount of snow that appears ENORMOUS even around here, can you imagine just how many of our southern neigbors would go totally crazy, and how many more of them would have firearms to go crazy with?

I still feel pretty safe.;)

12. I went a little nuts last Sunday after the last storm. There is way too much snow around here. To put it in perspective, my neighbor has a 12 foot tall tree in his front yard, it is completely covered in snow. There is so much snow that there is no room left to put it, my snow blower can no longer toss the snow over top of the pile. It is ever worse in that part of Quebec, the article mentioned that the one pile of snow is so big that it might not not all melt over the summer and I believe that.

Also, calling a French guy a "froggie" is like calling a Black guy the N word. I have nothing against the French, I just make fun of them, but I would never call them a froggie.

lowsound

13. bigbass94

bigbass94

Apr 4, 2007
    I feel left out, down south with all of this nice warm sun:)

14. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Cancucks? Quebecies? Froggies?

What the heck are you talking about?

15. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Big fan of potatoes?

16. Mangeur de merde.

17. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    and all them inbreds... yeah, I sure am jealous of those of us who live below the Mason-Dixon line.

(for the record, it's been really nice and a fuggin snowstorm every other day for the past week, and I'm very envious of you)

18. Cancucks, slang for Canadians. Quebecies, people from Quebec. Froggies, derogatory slang for people from Quebec.

lowsound

19. I dont know french, shows the usefulness of google language tools :p

20. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    Eh.