Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Snow stringed instruments

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Contra|Brett|, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Contra|Brett|

Contra|Brett|

Oct 6, 2004
    Doess anyone out there have a chineese bass from snow stringed instruments? I am looking at a bass from them it might be a model hb500, but i can't be sure just because its at home, and i'm not. I really like the way it sounds, the bottom end sounds awesome, I can't really describe it because i've never heard a bass that sounds quite like it. it sounds really good up high, but i am not that strong a player in thumb position and can't see my teacher untill next week.

2. azflyman

azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    I have heard very good things about Snow instruments. I know they are a moderately high end Chinese bass, at least the one I was interested in trying/buying. Their production seems fairly low as I don't see them everywhere like the Christopher's and Shen's.

az

3. Wyzird05

Wyzird05

Dec 1, 2003
    South Bend, IN
    The Snow Instruments I have seen were mostly cellos and of pretty good craftsmanship. The only problem I ran into is most of the cellos that came into the shop I worked for came in broken due to poor packaging.

4. Contra|Brett|

Contra|Brett|

Oct 6, 2004
    I bought mine from a local store, so i knew it wouldn't be broken, they let me take it home and try it first.