Snow stringed instruments

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Contra|Brett|, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Contra|Brett|

Oct 6, 2004
    Doess anyone out there have a chineese bass from snow stringed instruments? I am looking at a bass from them it might be a model hb500, but i can't be sure just because its at home, and i'm not. I really like the way it sounds, the bottom end sounds awesome, I can't really describe it because i've never heard a bass that sounds quite like it. it sounds really good up high, but i am not that strong a player in thumb position and can't see my teacher untill next week.
  2. azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    I have heard very good things about Snow instruments. I know they are a moderately high end Chinese bass, at least the one I was interested in trying/buying. Their production seems fairly low as I don't see them everywhere like the Christopher's and Shen's.

3. Wyzird05

Dec 1, 2003
    South Bend, IN
    The Snow Instruments I have seen were mostly cellos and of pretty good craftsmanship. The only problem I ran into is most of the cellos that came into the shop I worked for came in broken due to poor packaging.
  4. Contra|Brett|

Oct 6, 2004
    I bought mine from a local store, so i knew it wouldn't be broken, they let me take it home and try it first.