1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Snowed in....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Masher88, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Major Storm here in Ohio (and a lot of other places too, I've read!) Yeah...I've shoveled the drive 5 times now today (can't move my arms anymore) and it keeps coming down. Emergency vehicles can't get down the streets. Plows can't keep up. The city has shut down, for the most part. Good Times....

At least I have power. Last Tuesdays ice storm knocked out power for 2 days for a lot of folks a bit east of here. Came on just in time to get hit with 2 feet of snow again. I have a wood fireplace so at least I would have heat. My coworker had to rent a gas generator to heat his and his brothers family.

I'm trapped here. No pizza places will deliver either...Ha jerks! ;)

2. Snowed in here as well, same storm. It is a big one. I read that this snow storm will push Toronto over the top for most snow in a winter. We have gotten about one and a half feet of snow so far. Staying inside all day.

lowsound

3. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    Same storm here. 40 mph winds all night, if the forecast is right.

5-10 inches of snow tonight.

4. That just goes to show you how big this storm is. Easily covering more than 1000 km.

lowsound

5. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    I use to like snow. But the older I get the less I like it. :D

6. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    I hate the snow, we've probably had at least 40cm fall here in the past day.

7. Masher88

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    so far, we've reported 20+ inches today, a record. hot dog. That's a record I'd like to not break!

8. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Yup, just did the driveway again. Nasty storm for sure, glad I'm not traveling.

9. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    almost at 1.5 feet over in London. my second floor windows are snowed in as its about a 3 foot drift on my roof. Had to drive home from london to my city, which is usually 30 minutes, took us 45 minutes and almost went off the rode a number of times. Got stuck in the parking lot, had to push my mom out. It was terrible. So much for a fun day of walking around with the girlfriend.....

10. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Came down to 60 last night & a bit breezy as well.

11. Masher88

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Can you feel this... it's all my hatred focused on you!
    My parents live in FL. too. A pox on both your houses! HAhHa:D

12. Where do you live? St Thomas? That is closer than 30 minutes.

lowsound

13. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Yah, St.thomas. 30 minutes to galleria mall. Like 20 to the outskirts of london.

14. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    The huge storm left this morning. I ended up with around 14 inches down here in southern Indiana.

15. Ok, when I lived by Masonville mall it would take me maybe 25 minutes to get to my aunt and uncles house on the outskirts of St Thomas, but that was no city driving, I could by-pass it.

lowsound

16. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Yah, its the city driving that slows yah down, specially in that downtown core near Galleria/Via station. Now in this weather, thats a whole other story.

17. Shortbigtoe

Shortbigtoe

Feb 25, 2008
    Yah, same here. I live in columbus, Georgia, and the last time it snowed was 7 years ago and all of a sudden this morning it snowed.

18. Driving downtown sucks no matter what. Driving down Richmond you can't turn on to any major street. What is up with that? Not to mention that all the lights are really short and there are 50 buses all over the place. Although London has really good public transit.

lowsound

19. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    Power just came back. The storm caused a pretty large shortage here for the last 2-3 hours. But the Canadian power grid is one tough mofo.

20. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    It's 89 degrees F right now.