1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Snus

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cassanova, Mar 22, 2009.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I recently tried the Camel snus stuff that has been on the market. I must admit, I enjoy it. As a smokeless tobacco user of many years I particularly like the no spitting aspect of it all.

I'm wanting to place an online order for Sweedish snus but I haven't a clue as to what brands are good or not. If any of you here use this product then perhaps you can recommend some good snus for me. Websites that sell it would be of value to me also.

I'm thinking I would prefer the "loose" kind because I can control the portion I put in my mouth.

Thank you in advance.

2. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    I was studying abroad in Barcelona with a bunch of Swedish students. They loved the stuff and were constantly using it. I think the brand that they used was called General, but im not 100% sure. I am not a big fan of smokeless tobacco, but i did enjoy the occasional dip of snus while i was in abroad.

3. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    General, yes. A few old people I know snus (the verb this time) use General Lös.

I prefer Skruf (the brand) Sterk (means strong) Porsjon (means portion). It's cleaner that way. But you should not start with either General or Skrif sterk, as it is many times stronger than a cigarette. As for snus I like, I usually go for Skruf. General, Lucky Strike and Nick and Jonny is ok though, everthing else I regard as not worth wasting my money on.

If you want lös snus, you should buy General original loose. Just make sure you buy Skruf or General and you'll be fine.

The follow sites sell snus, though I've never used them:

www.getsnus.com
    www.swedishsnus.com
    www.buysnus.com
    www.snuscentral.com
    www.northerner.com

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    The portion stuff is definitely much cleaner especially when removing it from my mouth, but I need 3 bags just to satisfy the nicotine craving.

I'm not sure what you mean by many times stronger than a cigarette, but I dip Copenhagen snuff and thats pretty strong stuff, so I'm leaning towards something stronger.

5. Everybody knows this will kill you, right?

Just checking...........:meh:

6. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Okay, but what did she think of it? :D

7. It will not kill more than smoking. But I am not a Snusare.

8. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    This has nothing to do with Snus....

but I was at Beer Fest and drunk this weekend and tried chewing tobacco cause I was drunk and just wanted nicotine and they had a free give away booth....ohh god I almost yacked I had to drink like 3 glasses of porter to get the taste out of my mouth.

9. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Not to mention the nasty mouth cancers...

10. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    http://www.northerner.com/snus/Strong Portion-282/Skruf Stark, Strong Portion-2071/

http://www.northerner.com/snus/Strong Portion-282/General EXTRA Sterk, Portion-6321/

http://www.northerner.com/snus/Strong Portion-282/Nick & Johnny, Strong Portion-2067/

There you are :)

Btw, 3mg is high nicotine content in a cigarette. You'll find 10-15 mg in those. I gave a Skruf sterk to a spanish dude when on vacation (a smoker), he started cold sweating after 20 min with it in :D

11. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    :eyebrow:

I see ads for this stuff all over the place, but since that day at the neighbors house (I was about 10) where he said it was ok to swallow the Copenhagen... never again.

12. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I would never do it myself, but as far as I know, the evidence points to it being healthier than either smoking or dipping. I wouldn't go so far as to say it can't cause oral cancer, but it seems to have much less of a link to cancer than dipping. That most likely has to do with snus not being fermented, therefore having much fewer carcinogenic chemicals in it. I still find it gross, and nicotine itself is harmful to the cardiovascular system.

13. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    yeah well everyone knows the list of things that cause cancer is a short one.

Acetaldehyde, acrylamide, acrylonitril, abortion, agent orange, alar, alcohol, air pollution, aldrin, alfatoxin, arsenic, arsine, asbestos, asphalt fumes, atrazine, AZT, baby food, barbequed meat, benzene, benzidine, benzopyrene, beryllium, beta-carotene, betel nuts, birth control pills, bottled water, bracken, bread, breasts, bus stations, calcium channel blockers, cadmium, captan, carbon black, carbon tetrachloride, careers for women, casual sex, car fumes, celery, charred foods, chewing gum, Chinese food, Chinese herbal supplements, chips, chloramphenicol, chlordane, chlorinated camphene, chlorinated water, chlorodiphenyl, chloroform, cholesterol, low cholesterol, chromium, coal tar, coffee, coke ovens, crackers, creosote, cyclamates, dairy products, deodorants, depleted uranium, depression, dichloryacetylene, DDT, dieldrin, diesel exhaust, diet soda, dimethyl sulphate, dinitrotouluene, dioxin, dioxane, epichlorhydrin, ethyle acrilate, ethylene, ethilene dibromide, ethnic beliefs,ethylene dichloride, Ex-Lax, fat, fluoridation, flying, formaldehyde, free radicals, french fries, fruit, gasoline, genes, gingerbread, global warming, gluteraldehyde, granite, grilled meat, Gulf war, hair dyes, hamburgers, heliobacter pylori, hepatitis B virus, hexachlorbutadiene, hexachlorethane, high bone mass, HPMA, HRT, hydrazine, hydrogen peroxide, incense, infertility, jewellery, Kepone, kissing, lack of exercise, laxatives, lead, left handedness, Lindane, Listerine, low fibre diet, magnetic fields, malonaldehyde, mammograms, manganese, marijuana, methyl bromide, methylene chloride, menopause, microwave ovens, milk hormones, mixed spices, mobile phones, MTBE, nickel, night lighting, night shifts, nitrates, not breast feeding, not having a twin, nuclear power plants, Nutrasweet, obesity, oestrogen, olestra, olive oil, orange juice, oxygenated gasoline, oyster sauce, ozone, ozone depletion, passive smoking, PCBs, peanuts, pesticides, pet birds, plastic IV bags, polio vaccine, potato crisps (chips), power lines, proteins, Prozac, PVC, radio masts, radon, railway sleepers, red meat, Roundup, saccharin, salt, selenium, semiconductor plants, shellfish, sick buildings, soy sauce, stress, strontium, styrene, sulphuric acid, sun beds, sunlight, sunscreen, talc, tetrachloroethylene, testosterone, tight bras, toast, toasters, tobacco, tooth fillings, toothpaste (with fluoride or bleach), train stations, trichloroethylene, under-arm shaving, unvented stoves, uranium, UV radiation, vegetables, vinyl bromide, vinyl chloride, vinyl fluoride, vinyl toys, vitamins, vitreous fibres, wallpaper, weedkiller (2-4 D), welding fumes, well water, weight gain, winter, wood dust, work, x-rays.

We are all going to die, yes you can live till 100, if you give up all the things you do that would make you want to live till 100.

14. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Ah I get what you mean about being stronger than a cig. I don't know why, but I was relating strength to the flavor.

Now that I think about it it does make sense that it has higher nicotine levels than a smoke does. U.S. dip has a much higher concentration of nicotine as well.

15. bad_andy

bad_andy

Sep 21, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    You forgot cellular mitosis.

16. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    This is my last question about this stuff before I place an order. Forgive me if its a stupid one too. But is the Swedish snus in loose form also spitless?

I'm a huge nicotine addict and I can't really dip while at work, so if I can pop some of this stuff in my mouth and not spit then I'll more than likely be able to get my nicotine fix while at work. For some reason the spitoon is frowned upon at work and meetings.

17. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Al the research I've been doing the past couple of days is pointing in the direction that this is a much safer alternative to smoking. I've also been seeing research that states smokeless tobacco in general is no where near as harmful for you as smoking is.

I'm willing to take my chances.

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Ok, I am no expert but if you need it that bad, time to rethink it eh?

crackhead.

Listening to: Bob Dylan - You belong to me

19. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    Ahh yes, isn;t that the whole thing that makes cancer a bad thing lol.