So a knob popped off...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, May 22, 2004.

1. The other day I was fooling around with the EQ on my bass and I turned the knob and it popped off...doesn't seem as if it screws on or anything. Any ideas on how to get it back on? I'm thinking that super glue is the only way it looks like it will get back on there.
  2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    (Edit: If it isn't the kind with a screw on the side as Smash said) It should just slide back on unless its stripped. I wouldn't recommend super glue because that may be a little too permanent a solution. What you might try to do if it is stripped, is break off a piece of a toothpick to use as a shim. Glue the piece of toothpick into the knob and see if it grabs then... A small piece of rubber might work even better than a toothpick. The other solution is to just buy a new set of knobs for the whole thing. ;)
  3. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Try wrapping a small piece of thin plastic, e.g. from a carrier bag, over the shaft, and push the knob back on. Don't use too much force. Adjust the size of the plastic piece untill the knob fits right.
  4. Just looked at the knob's the kind that need a hex key wrench to push it in. got it all fixed.