1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD So a Stingray5, a Soundgear, and an Aerodyne walk into a bar... (FS)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Inverness, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inverness

Inverness

Dec 21, 2007
    Marina, CA
    PRICE DROP ON THE STINGRAY
    AERODYNE SOLD
    STINGRAY HAS BEEN MOVED TO EBAY

Well hi there!

I have three basses up for sale. Let me get out of the way, straightaway, that I am not not NOT accepting or interested in trades for other basses except for perhaps one very special case, explained at the bottom. All three basses come with hardshell cases, OHSC where noted.

The three basses:

2002 Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 5
    Ibanez Soundgear SR1015
    Fender Aerodyne Jazz

The first bass up is a 2002 Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 5 in their blue dawn finish. The blue dawn color was eventually taken out of mass production and reserved for limited edition releases (see 2007). Also, per the year of construction, this particular SR5 also has a ceramic pickup, so the sound will be a little different from more current models with the alnico pickup(s). OHSC included. I am the original owner. It was recently restrung with Peavey Cirrus strings.

This bass survived 4 years of undergrad with me and a handful of shows. Cosmetically, it has some small nicks on the headstock, small scratches on the bottom of the body (can't see in photos), a small pinhole type of dent/scratch in the back, and two small nicks on the backside of the body. They are of negligible size. Cosmetically, I'd rate this in the 8.5-9.0/10 range.

And hey! Look! Sparkles!

5759289976_614376b2c2_b.

Number 2 on deck is a late '90s (not sure of the year) Ibanez SR1015 with a Mahogany body and the typical Ibanez electronics of the time, the Vari-Mid 3LC. The 1015 followed the 1305 and preceded the Prestige series that popped up in 2000. I am the third owner. This was bought locally in Tallahassee. It has some belt rash on the back and some thumb wear above the neck pickup. I'd rate it an 8/10. As with all Soundgear series basses, the neck is incredibly fast. It was recently restrung with D'addario Nickels - the 125s, I think. Comes with a universal SKB case.

5758750011_89c1a80b11_b.

The third bass in this set is a Fender Aerodyne. I am the second owner and I bought this locally in Tallahassee, as well. I swapped out the pickups for some Duncan Basslines: Quarter Pounder in the P position and a stacked Hot humbucker in the J position. This bass comes with some bonuses. I've included black Schaller strap locks, a black strap with the Schallers installed, and the original pickups. Cosmetically, it has two small dents on the underside of the bass and one very small dent on the neck behind the 7th fret or so - playability is not affected at all. 9/10, I'd rate it. The low end on this bass sounds HUGE. Really. It is currently strung with Ernie Ball Power Slinkies in DGCF tuning. (I like goth rock.)

5759303790_9e4418283c_b.

I also realized that I took the pictures before I wiped off the fingerprints (it's a fingerprint magnet). I'll wipe it down before I mail it.

So there you go! Prices are as follows. ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING (to lower 48).

EBMM SR5 - [DEL]$1000[/DEL] [DEL]$950[/DEL] Moved to Ebay
    Ibanez SR1015 - $500
    Fender Aerodyne - SOLD
    For more pictures:
    Instruments! - a set on Flickr

Some final comments:
    Yes, the TC Electronics G-Force in those pictures is for sale. $700 shipped.
    I am desperately trying to get strap pin screws for the blue MM, and I am also going out of town for Memorial Day weekend. That bass can't be shipped until next week. The other two basses can be shipped immediately.
    For payment, I prefer Paypal. If you have Wachovia, we can do a direct transfer. If you're local, I'll take cash.
    This is my first sale on TB. It's hard parting ways with the blue MM, lemme tell you.

TRADES.....
    The only only ONLY trade for a bass I would consider is if you take all three of them (perhaps + some cash) and send me a Modulus Quantum 6 with a truss rod. That's it. I know that's awfully specific and quite the longshot.

Aside from that, I could use some higher end pedals (Aguilar Agro comes to mind, Analogman chorus, EBS Multicomp, etc.), but that would make things a little more complicated, and I'll deal with them on a person to person basis.

2. bar tender says slappa da bass

3. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Wow! Nice offerings.

Where's the Ibanez made?

And a hardware store will have those screws, for sure. But if you are REALLY desperate, I have a few sets of OEM MM buttons, with screws. They're yours for the postage if you want (but I'd go to the HW store first).

GLWTSs!

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Just curious - not really in a position to buy, but what's the weight on the SR5?

5. Inverness

Inverness

Dec 21, 2007
    Marina, CA
    I went to the hardware store to get decorative wood screws, but the heads are too big to fit in the hole. I ordered some replacements that'll get here this weekend. The reason I replaced them is that I had Schaller strap locks on it, but put the original strap pins back on for the sale when I moved the Schallers to a different bass.

The SR1015 is Japan made and the serial number begins with an "F," so it's a Fujigen.

According to the bathroom scale, the SR5 is 11.4 lbs. Which seems high. I think I need a new scale. (On the bright side, I might be lighter than what it says.)

6. Weight on the Aerodyne?

7. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    That's a smokin' deal on the Ibanez! If I didn't have too many things on my plate, currently, I'd be on that like white on rice!

Do you weigh yourself with the bass, then without and calculate that as the difference? I found that WAY more accurate.

8. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Inverness doesn't have a lot of feedback here, but he is a great guy and will not BS you. Have no worries about dealing with him.

Also, I have played all 3 of these basses and they are all very deserving of good new homes. Hopefully, with somebody who has better taste in music. Goth rock. Blech! ;)

9. Inverness

Inverness

Dec 21, 2007
    Marina, CA
    HEY. There is nothing wrong with goth rock! But thanks, Stuart.

I had to stay off TB for a while because as someone posted a while back, whenever I go on TB, I have this unending incredible urge to just... buy lots and lots of toys. That's how I ended up with half my rig. So I just went on TB hiatus for about 8 months. Anyway, the weights (thanks for the tip, rojo):

EBMM SR5 is 10 lbs.
    Ibby SR1015 is 8.4 lbs.
    Fender Aero is 8 lbs.

I should also mention, about that SR5... It was the first "nice" bass I bought after I started playing bass. Lotta prog metal memories in that bass. It also has this pretty awesome flamed maple neck.

5761477449_a9f96e20b3_b.

I've owned three SR5s and played about 5-10 others in my travels. None of them has had a neck like this. As you can see, there appears to be a giant knot it. My feeling is that EBMM probably ordered a bunch of flamed maple for tops, saw this batch/piece had a cosmetic defect, and made a neck out of it. Or something along those lines. I found out that I prefer the sound of the alnico SR5s to the ceramics (after getting curious about it from reading on TB... thanks, guys), so this one's gotta go.

10. Inverness

Inverness

Dec 21, 2007
    Marina, CA
    Also, Stuart gave me this really ghetto Frankenbox to ship one of the basses in, so the last of these basses to go gets the Frankenbox! It's the 6 dollar box version of the 6 million dollar man.

But really, he got one in it, and it arrived just fine. I'll be sure to use lots of tape. I even bought an extra roll.

11. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    My pleasure! You have some great basses and if people don't buy them up fast, they're fools!!! That SR5 neck is outstanding and the price is great, the Ibby is a killer deal, and the Fender... well, I've never played an Aerodyne, but it looks hot.

12. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Pm sent!

13. Inverness

Inverness

Dec 21, 2007
    Marina, CA
    PM replied.

Morning "My degree just got posted so now finally I can mail my transcript and hopefully, finally, get a job offer" bump.

14. Inverness

Inverness

Dec 21, 2007
    Marina, CA
    I got asked to take some more photographs of the Aerodyne, so I figured I'd post about them here. I'm sure many are wondering about the "dent" I talk about in the neck. Well, here it is:

5765369542_1a80240165_b.

It's right next to the nickel. The other things are just natural from the grain of the wood. Additional pictures are in the album.

15. Inverness

Inverness

Dec 21, 2007
    Marina, CA
    Aero is going, pending payment.

Storms are approaching TLH right now (no more sun), and I'm leaving for the long weekend in a coupla hours. Additional photos of the SR5 and the Ibby in daylight will be put up on either Monday or Tuesday, depending on when I get back.

16. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I'm 99.9% sure the Frankenbox brought me a bass from a fellow TB'er. So, it seems only right that I would pass it along to another TB'er, who will then pass it along to another TB'er.

You should take a picture of it and start a thread on the TB Frankenbox. :D

17. Inverness

Inverness

Dec 21, 2007
    Marina, CA
    Holiday weekend bump from iPod!

18. Inverness

Inverness

Dec 21, 2007
    Marina, CA
    Aero still available.

19. peanutsfan1995

peanutsfan1995

Nov 27, 2010
    Ibanez still available?

20. peanutsfan1995

peanutsfan1995

Nov 27, 2010
    And if so, you willing to take a bit of a "payment plan"? Say... $300 up front, and I'll send you $50 every month, on the month?

If not, I can probably scrounge up $500, it'll just take me a little while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.