So.... anyone like Wishbass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by E=Fb, Mar 19, 2006.

1. E=Fb

E=Fb Guest

Jan 28, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Do any TBers have anything positive to say about Wishbasses? Anyone who owns one, feel free to come out of hiding and give an honest opinion of one.
  2. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
  3. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Never played one, but if a few things changeed with the appearanced it I could possibly bare to look at em...

The headstock and neck dimensions, for one thing...
  4. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I had one, sold it because the space on the frets where so far off from the correct space, It would never intonate on them.
  5. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    the headstock, bridge, and control plate make me want to cry (or almost even go up to Wish and punch him in the face... it's that bad). i believe i did see one that i liked before (save the above mentioned parts). it looked like a true custom.
  6. Wheres my pitchfork gone, need to form an angry mob too
  7. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    LOL! I'll bring the torches!

8. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    There are more than a few Wish proponents here. Most of them have stopped posting in Wish threads because they all seem to go the same way.
  9. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Hey, chill out, bro. I'm just tryin' to catch up to Munji's post count!

10. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    "Do any TBers have anything positive to say about Wishbasses? Anyone who owns one, feel free to come out of hiding and give an honest opinion of one."

Personally I don't have anything positive to say about them so I'll stop here....:)
  11. full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    do a search and you'll find comments here and there that are in favor of Wish but those comments are few and far in between
  12. i had a try with the "let's buy a wish pt. II" project, and i actually really liked it. the looks weren't exactly my cup of tea, but running it through my guitar player's nemesis (eden) 2x10 combo, with the volume at about 50% and the volume turned up on the amp, i actually coaxed a really nice upright sound out of it...i wish i could have that bass, but i don't have the 300 to buy myself one!
    To be honest, most of the wish bashers on TB i doubt have actually played one...they are just repeating what they hear...granted its not going to play like a 3000 dollar bass, but for 200-300 you can get a really nice fretless/upright bass sound (or at least i could). The main thing you'd have to get over is the build quality, because even as someone who really digs wishbass, the build quality still sucks, but a good tone...the neck is a bit thick, but then again, proper technique is that you are supposed to put your thumb in the middle of the back of the neck, so it shouldn't make any difference how thick it is (that is a quote from billy sheehan, when he was asked what kind of neck he wanted on his sig. bass)
  13. I guess youve got a point there... but i still want to buy it and just smash it...

actually that first wishbass looks somewhat nice... from behind...
  14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, well go easy on this guy ... he's got all of 15 posts. Probably doesn't know better.
  15. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Does the Queen Sh*t in the woods?

16. yeah... to be honest... i think your 400 or so dollars would be better spent trying to make your own bass... if youve got some time, and some tools, you could prolly get a bass that looks as good as (if not better) than a whish bass easily... well.. maybe not easily... but you will get there...

or, you could go and buy a bass that you can go try at a store.. or if your stuck on a "custom" high... find a sligtly inexperianced luther in your area that would be willing to do it for almost the price of materials... look at it this way... they will need the experiance more than the money...

good luck starting out man

POSITIVE THING TO SAY: the only thing i truely like about these basses are the headstocks.. and even then, im kinda "eh" on them... i want to add a scroll to the basic design for my semi-hollow ampeg body... it would be sick...
  17. middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    Yes, that piece looks good...but that lower horn:rollno: looks like a dog's penis.:eyebrow:
  18. steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
    I have a 4 string Peanut that sounds great. It's not perfect by any means, but I've played 3 hour gigs with it and have never had any problems. I have also gotten tons of compliments on the sound from seasoned musicians. I have some concerns about his fretwork and would probably never get a fretted bass from him, but his basses do sound good and emote a shabby-sheak vibe.