1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So apparantly I'm fat...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stingray2112, Apr 24, 2010.

1. My girlfriend was bored and just surfing around on the web and found one of those bmi charts. So i put in my weight and height into it 6'4" and 210lbs. It says I'm overweight and should weigh between 162 to 198lbs...interesting, if I were to go by that standard I'd look anorexic. For those that are bored and want to see how fat you are here's the site. http://www.nowloss.com/Height_Weight_chart.htm

2. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    That thing is on crack. First off, muscle weighs more than fat so you can have a guy who is my height, which is 6' 0" tall weigh 225lbs. but has a very muscular body. Obviously he is not overweight or obese.

3. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I'm not too fat, just too short, Another 4" or so should do it.

;)

4. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    BMIs aren't the greatest of weight indicators really, even medical professionals have said so. They give rough indications but of course don't take other factors into account like fat ratios etc.

edit:

Oh look, the site has a disclaimer.

Pointless thread is pointless.

5. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    When I checked the chart for a 6'4" male the ideal weight range is 182-222, you may have been looking at the Female column.

6. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    So the whole thread was a rouse to brag about how tall and fit he was? :eek:

7. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    People are different. I'm 6'2". When I weighed 200-210, I was constantly referred to as "skinny."

8. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    He's either a very big girl or a tall and fit man :p

9. I'm Underweight, last time I did one I got 17.

10. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    Fat pride!!!!

Guys are always trying to get skinny and look good for the ladies, but who needs a gf when you got your own boobs to play hmmm?

11. it says im morbidly obese. at 6ft 1 and 265.

i could stand to lose about 25 but i fall into the muscle weighs more than fat category. i did gain a lot this winter though:oops:

perhaps i will eat a salad every once in a while and get on that bicycle that i walk past every day on my way to the car:oops:

12. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao EspaƱa
    It says im overweight too, yet im really skiny...

13. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I lost over 80 pounds, my body fat percentage was about 10, and people said I looked almost sickly...and I still weighed 198. By the BMI chart, I was still obese. Honestly, if I would have lost more, I think people would have done an intervention.

There's a lot more to being fit/healthy than a number on a chart.

14. It says that I am almost overweight, yet I can run a 6 minute mile, wear a 32 inch waist pant, have a 8% body fat percentage, and I weigh 158lbs. My goal weight is 170lbs, which I hope to hit by August. BMI is bunk. Blood pressure, cholesterol and body fat percentages are way more important.

lowsound

15. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Not as fat as me, I just ate 3 frankfurters. Cottdamn...delicious.

16. I just ate half a rhubarb pie, I feel fat and I might just go give birth to a food baby.

lowsound

17. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Mmmm, food bebeh......wait...does that mean faeces? I'm half in the bag rite now....pitcher of limeade shandy.....where do I turn in my Man card?

18. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Grade 1 obesity :(

19. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Me, I don't give a ****. As long as I can hike run bike or whatever and not be completely wiped at the end, I'll be fine. BMI means nothing, and my weight and height are completely irrelevant to me.

I want to drink beer and look good, so thats what I'm working for. :D

20. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    I had a good laugh....a nurse with a great dry sense of humor did the weight/height on my last visit (6'5 / 210 - not fat!) and said straight faced, "According this you are obese....here tubby, read this useless pamphlet while I go on the computer and finish an email to my mother."