1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So At What Point Do You Change Your Hair Color on Your Driver's License?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by peabody, Oct 3, 2013.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    So this is kind of an off-the-wall question. I'm 53 and I've had the same driver's license picture for the last 8 years. In December I'll get my license renewed and have a new picture taken.

Since I was 16 years old, and received my first license, I have alway listed my hair color as "brown"...which it was. At this point in my life my hair is pretty much completely gray. At what point in a person's life do you change your hair color to gray on your license? Gray sounds so old.... And what if someone shaves their head, how do they list as their hair color...None? Bald?

Another one of life's mysteries....

2. I feel ya-getting there myself. I figure you're ok if you've still got brown hair somewhere.........:D

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I shave my head, so I don't have enough hair to be a color. I guess blond if anything.

If I had more hair, I would change the DL color when the color changed.

-Mike

4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    There isnt really anything old about "gray". Some people go gray before theyre 30 years old. List "gray" once the majority of your hair is said color.

And if you shave your head you list the color that your hair grows in. If youre completely bald, you list your last known hair color; your picture will reflect your absence of hair.

Im glad these mysteries of life are mysteries no more.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    My hair grows in all different shades from blonde to red to black, going white in areas, with a bald top. I always want to fill that license line with "your guess is as good as mine", or "some of each", or "don't ask, don't tell".

6. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

How about writing 'Yes' in the space where it asks for hair color?

7. I knew a guy who had 'NONE' as a vanity plate assuring interesting discussions with LEO's if he was stopped for anything.

8. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    When an application asks for "State", I always want to write in "Confusion", but there's never enough space....

9. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    You have to renew it every 5 years here.

10. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    Had to get mine renewed this summer (62nd birthday); tried to change from "Brown" to "Platinum Blond with Mouse-brown highlights". The clerk laghed, bit didn't buy it. My hair color is now just "Gray".

11. I shaved my head for years and my license still said brown because of my eyebrows, I guess. Or me nether regions. I quit shaving and my head looks like I'm a burn victim, but my beard is nearly to my nipples. Nasty gray-bearded old creep. License (recently renewed) still says brown. They must be using full body TSA cameras at the DMV now. :eek:

12. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    What hair?

DON'T FORGET TO SMILE BIG WHEN YOU GET YOUR Driver's License!
    It wrecks their copy of YOUR facial fingerprint used in facial recognition software.
    Why should they get mad at you for smiling if they aren't planning on doing anything wrong with the picture?

13. Dye it and still say "brown"

14. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    At age 61 my hair is still the same color, but what there is of it grows out grey.

15. Hair: yes please. :atoz: