Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So Boogie called me back today...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    And they are still in the decision making process. Gah! The suspense is killing me! Just hire me already! One comment he made concerns me a bit: he said that he's starting to get more applicants, but nobody seems to be really jumping out at him. Hmmm.... either this means that all of the applicants suck, including me, or I've got some stiff competition. Either way is not looking good for me. The conversation was pleasant enough, but I didn't really get any clues from him as to how he felt about me. He said he hasn't checked with my references yet, but he said he might if we get that far along in the process. I guess that doesn't sound too good either. :meh:

I am keeping my fingers crossed, but at this point I don't have my hopes up too much. It wont be the first time Boogie has made the mistake of not hiring me. :oops:

2. Just buy more Boogie stuff. That will show some initiative. ;)

3. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Fixed it for you ;)

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    THAT'S what he meant to say. :bag:

5. what exactly are you applying to do there?

oh, and btw, i need a walkabout, so if you want to show some good initiative and charity (companies love that) pm me or something.... ;)

Charlie

6. don't give up hope. besides, i can hook you up with sweet temp work.
    WOO-HOO!

7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    West Coast Sales Manager. Sweet gig. Boogie would be flying me to Alaska, Hawaii, and other cool places to spread the word about Tone. Nice, huh?

8. Try "getting rid of" the other applicants in whatever way you deem fit. :ninja:

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    That would be a sweet gig! Good luck.

10. sweet...where do I apply? :D

Sorry, i couldn't resist...anyways, good luck, that would be a great job! i hope you get it so you can get me a good deal on a walkabout!

Charlie

11. If he gets me a plane ticket, I can "remove" anyone he wants.

:ninja:

12. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Well at least he's giving serious condsideration to applicants and just isn't following the nepotistic policies of many companies around here by hiring his unqualified brother-in-law instead.

That does sound like a sweet gig, so good lucks to ya. :)

(if I were a human resources person, I would hire you if I saw "talkbass" on your resume ;) )