so called 'modern jazz' basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 33degrees, Aug 2, 2005.

1. 33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    these so called modern J basses ie, sadowsky etc. dont sound or feel nothing like a fender, in fact i tried some sadowskys and they have more in common with an ibanez or yamaha feel and scooped mid sound! i think the only thing in common with a jazz bass made by fender and all these over priced pieces of furniture is the ripped off shape! and even more bizarre is that people are buying them becuase they think they have the fender J vibe but these same people have never even owned a stock fender J bass!
    the whole deal with a fender jazz bass is that its a cheap piece of gear that ANYONE can afford and enjoy (the mexican have a wicked tone!)
    :bag: only joking!!! i love sadowskys! but i can't afford one!!! :crying:
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    People buy those "expensive peices of furniture" because it's what they like. :D
  3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    ha,ha,ha lol men don,t worry,i can,t get one now but i save a little more money and in cristhmas,i go to my new high end bass,maybe Sadowsky,Mike Lull or Fender Jazz Bass Custom Chop,uffffff the Fendero ne is beautifulllll :cool: but now,i need play bass,i go to place an order in Essex for a SX Jazz Bass,i need two bass,ok i go first to my back up jazz and in november i order my high end,nice and money and make your dreams come true. ;)
  4. In Before The Lock (IBTL). Someone please post a "troll" picture. Thank you.

Ooops. Missed the "only joking" comment. :)
  5. Ya almost had me there...

I own a few Fenders and a Sadowsky Metro RV5. The RV5 doesn't sound like my Fenders (well, it's not supposed to), but it has its own beautiful punchy tone from the preamp. I wouldn't say it's better, it's just different.
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You really like exclamation points, dont you.
  7. say what?
  8. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

More crap

9. 33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    im just a super hyped up guy!!!! and i try to reflect that!!! in my posts!!!!!!!!
  10. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    since there are plenty of places to spelunk in france , it will have to be a cave troll :D

11. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    looks like a mad turtle w/o its shell :D
  12. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    wanna see a mad turtle? let me bend over!!!!!!!!!!! :p
    that's just terrible of me. :oops: :scowl:
  13. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    My first reply was....NOT AGAIN! so..............
    Quiet down frenchman....j/k sort of, not really...whatever.... :D ok, so I say things that other people only think! :smug:
  14. glad you like the modern furniture...
    they do have something going on, if not only a vintage shape.
    How 'bout you think ultra modern w/ that vintage vibe
    Doesn't get more modern than this