Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

so check out my new...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Oct 4, 2002.

1. alright tb'ers, i got this a few weeks ago, but i din't want to post a review because of the "political issues" surrounding the bass i bought. i read some reviews and this seems touchy with some heads.. . i know some consider it a "faux"dera, but the Rbass i just bought is amazing. it's too late to work my camera (he he), but you can see a photo here..
    http://www.angelfire.com/tn/briansbass/Rchaktekok.jpg
    the preamp just kills. i play it passive 90% of the tims and i use the preamp for BIG BOOTY or a quick punch. i have never heard a clearer or more sustained B string on a Bolt-On than that is on this bass.. Basslines Soaps w/ Basslines preamp..
    it's on brian barrett's site... so my problem is that i play live a lot and play really aggressively and sweat too much. i don't want to F**K up this bass (sorry about the language, it;s a nice bass).. ack...!!! should i sell it or keep it? adrian maybe? you seem to have issues with keeping basses yourself... :D

2. Gusto,
    Looks killer!
    how's it compare to your All Parts P-bass monster?
    hey! when's the new Ir record come out?

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm not understanding what you mean. You want to sell it, why? Is it because it has an oil finish? if so, I had a Spector NS-5 with an oil finish & I play very agressive on it & I didn't mess it yup at all & I played thet bass ALOT when I had it.

If that's not the reason, I'm confused.

4. hey nino i see waht you mean.. my wording was funky. i jump around a lot live, play with beer bottles, mic stands, etc... i smack the bass, whatever i need to to to get the tones i want when i'm digging in. i'm used to my MIA Jazz V and my allparts P/MM and those basses are built like tanks. no stress if i'm bouncing around in the crowd or molesting the neck with beer bottle slides. the rbass seems like more of a showpiece or something. i could see it being a valuable studio tool, but not practical for me in a live situation. as far asthe sweat factor goes, the Rbass has Massacar Ebony p-up covers and pickguard. seeing what damage sweat-boy (me of course) has done to previous basses i've owned, i'd rather keep the stuff looking good and not corroding. i did some research and found that this was ray's personal bass (no serial number, numerous aesthetic appointments), so it might be worth more than what i paid for it.. oh yeah, the price. so ridiculous that i'm not saying a word. i couldn't pass it up, i had to give it a whirl ..

yo chump stain, it's 180 degree turnaround from the P/MM. i'll get back with ya on that. the new ir ep is being mastered on the 21st. we are gonna be releasing the first thousand or so for free and have the full length release in mid-feb (money permitting)..