1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So, did anyone else get a $25 GC promo card?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rickett Customs, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    I received what looked like a letter, it was a $25 promo gift card from guitar center to be used between the 26th and 28th.

I was caught by surprise, looks like an almost free set of strings for me :)

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Yup. Didn't even use the last one.

3. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    I got one, I'll swing by the local GCs and see if anything tickles my fancy.
    I missed out of the last one I got, I was on the other side of the county :(

4. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I got one this last weekend. Got some picks, extra cords and strings.

I also happened to go Saturday afternoon. Don't do what I did. It was like happy hour for 15 year old metalheads trying to play Black Sabbath, Guns N Roses and Metallica at 10 on the 4x12 Marshalls, and drummers trying to gravity blast as loud as possible on the drums, but failing miserably.

It wasn't pretty.

5. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Good times, Good times ;)

6. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I got one from the drum department.

7. alapantera

alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I can honestly say i've never even set foot in a guitar center. i'm sure i'm not missing much.

8. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Well, for all the bashing that they get on here, I actually enjoy stopping in fairly often. I have one about 5 minutes from my house, and they usually have a pretty good selection. As far as I'm concerned, the more music stores around, the better. Plus, I've lucked onto some pretty sweet deals every now and then.

9. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I was in and out in a matter of seconds. :)

If you wanna go to GC, go when school is in session. Nice and quiet. :)

10. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    That is certainly what i'm gonna do. 26th is my birthday, I took off work, so it works out.

11. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Well, no surprise.... got to use the card yesterday, no problem.
    Here's something that hits it home:
    Got a set of flats, used the card, then had a visa giftcard that had $25 on it. So, he scans the visa giftcard, he says he needs to call visa for verification, first sign of BS, he uses what looks like his personal cell phone, calls whatever # he dialed, does not enter any other #'s (like you would get on a prompt) and then proceeds to tell me that the card has expired. Really? I had received this card last week (it originally had $50 on it, I knew that I used $25 from it). Regardless, I use my credit card to pay the remaining balance. After shortly departing GC, I used the card to buy some lunch, with no issue whatsoever. Coincidence, Me thinks not.............Oh well, no more business there.

12. Clank

Clank

Jan 7, 2008
    Huntington Beach
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Strings
    Free cable!