Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So, do the STAGGERINGLY overpriced "Ms. Fender" G&L basses ever sell on ebay?!?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Planet Boulder, May 1, 2003.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    You've seen them on ebay, littering the place - the G&L basses personally signed by "Ms. Fender" herself selling for ridiculously high prices.

Example

I've rarely seen anyone bother to bid and I've NEVER seen anyone "win" :rolleyes: one.

So what the hell?!? How do these jokers even stay in business?

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Supposedly all the certificates are hand signed by Ms. Leo Fender, not just those.

Peace
    Nick

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I just checked 50 of the newest feedbacks & not one was a G&L. They do sell ALOT of acoustic guitars & other music related items.

4. Does she play bass?

Is she any good?

5. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Considering the quality and tone of G&Ls, I think that $1199 for a new G&L is not bad at all. One could do a lot worse. On the other hand...I always buy used myself.

6. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I see them all the time, but just figure that's pretty much list price, isn't it? I think that's about what they sell for new.

I don't buy them new. Looks like nobody else does on ebay either. Not when the used ones go for so much less.

That semi-hollow fretless that's usually running sure does tempt me sometimes though!