1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So, do you live up to the bass player stereotype "Bassists get the most chicks?"

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by MistaMarko, Feb 18, 2008.

1. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    I've been told I'm the best looking one in the band by some of the women at the gigs. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not, but I get seemingly a lot of attention. not that it does me any good - I've been married for ages. Actually all of us are taken or married, so female attention doesn't really do much for us except to build a small fan base and of course, stroke the ego on occasion...which adds to the frustration!

2. Boogie B

Boogie B

Feb 7, 2008
    Belgium
    It would seem that the opposite of the stereotype is true!

It's also not true for me, but as I'm together with my girlfriend for almost 3 years that probably not too bad.

3. Easy8

Easy8

Sep 5, 2007
    Austin, Tx
    Never true for me, but...

"ONCE he was famed as a rock star and lady’s man: now Bill Wyman, former bassist with the Rolling Stones...

It is a long way from his colourful days with the Stones during the 1960s when, he has boasted, he had up to five girlfriends at a time and slept with more women than either Mick Jagger or Keith Richards."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article679018.ece

4. lol, i wish. I wish i got one really... I think i could if i played in a Go Go band (look up XIB, CCB, or TCB and you'll see why i absolutely refuse) but then again 92% of those girls are (1) no good as girlfriend material and (2) would probably give me somethin' nasty...

5. HeebeeJB

HeebeeJB

Jun 5, 2007
    Washington UK
    You know when they say stay close to the drummer? you can take it too far!:D
    Mind you...if I wasnt a gentleman I could tell you some tales....!

6. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I met my wife as a result of being the bass player in a band.

7. S1dewinder

S1dewinder

Feb 19, 2008
    Czech republic
    REALLY??? This whole bassplaying thing gets better and better every day:hyper:

;)

8. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    Hm.. Now I know who the gay guys on talkbass are now. Haha I know who to stay away from. Hahahah
    Well I'm a tall, black bassist who's played for a church before. Close enough to the stereotypes?
    I honestly get a lot of female attention playing guitar rather than bass.

9. haha homophobe :scowl:

10. namecaller :spit:

11. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I'm the only single guy in both my bands, so I guess that makes the stereotype true by default...

12. emoticon user :mad:

13. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    in my last band i was the only guy who didnt have a long term girlfriend, so i held up to the stereotype as well.

14. Craithius

Craithius

Oct 19, 2007
    And here I thought the stereotype is that all bassists are crazy...

15. oh that's not stereotype, that's a widely known fact :p

16. glwanabe

glwanabe Guest

Apr 21, 2002
    You decide.

I have three children, daughters, ages from 21-10. An ex-wife and a current beautiful Wife. Thats 5 women in my life.

17. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    I'm not homophobic at all. it's just if I didn't put that "so I know who to stay away from part" people would be like "so you can ffind a boyfriend on TB"

18. whoneedstherapy

whoneedstherapy

Oct 26, 2005
    Sydney
    i used to breed chickens, i was surrounded by chicks....

not the good kind though

19. Samthebassist

Samthebassist

Jun 21, 2007
    Kansas City
    yeah im a girl.....so no..i do NOT live up to that steroetype...:rollno:

:bassist:

20. mgash

mgash

Mar 8, 2006
    folsom ca
    I would test this theory, but my wife won't let me