1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So, do you live up to the bass player stereotype "Bassists get the most chicks?"

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by MistaMarko, Feb 18, 2008.

1. DistantTremor

DistantTremor

Nov 29, 2007
    Quality over quantity, my friend.

2. nah I just get the ones without VD

3. nsmar4211

nsmar4211

Nov 11, 2007
    Nope...........because I AM a chick :eyebrow:

Although.....I do get the most disbelieving looks when I take out my instrument.......bwahaha No I'm not a Groupie.....I'm IN the band......

In our group, lead singer gets most attention. She's living with the guitarist but that someone doesn't seem to faze a lot of people... :spit:

Most bass players around here are lucky if anyone even notices them ... sometimes it's like Hey:hyper::hyper::hyper: over here!

4. Shroom

Shroom

Dec 12, 2006
    +1

but I fans of my band I've met after shows coming to later shows and screaming just my name. I would say it's more a charisma thing, but I never considered myself that cool/charismatic, so I guess it must be the bass.

5. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    OMG so ture. I get the least, but I get the best, the guitarist and drummer get the fat, ugly ones.:p The singer gets no one because she's a chick and she goes out with the guitarist.:D

6. hahah don't credit me, my friend said that little factoid to me :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, her boyfriend is a bass player with a Ric.

7. mike.b

mike.b

Aug 21, 2007
    england
    i suffer from 'the bassist invisibility syndrome.'which pisses me off musically but not with women because i'm married with a real hottie.

8. iScott

iScott

Jun 13, 2007
    Decatur, GA
    I've never heard this in my life. Lead singer, by far.

9. nsmar4211

nsmar4211

Nov 11, 2007
    Mike........I feel your pain........

Had this conversation again......
    "how do you know the band?"
    Urm.....I'm IN it.
    "really? when do you play?"
    Urm.....I just DID. I would be the bass player the singer introduced during the jam song...
    "oh....."

:scowl::scowl::spit:

That's ok.........at least I don't spend half the night trying to be nice to the guys all hitting on me like the lead singer has to (better her than me). Nothin like running interference for your bandmate! I love the look on their faces when they ask if she's got a boyfriend.....and she goes yep.....he's sitting next to me (he's the guitar player). :bag: *zap* there goes the hopes

10. Last gig I almost pulled (chatted to her a bit between sets, but she'd gone by the time we'd gotten offstage...think she was with her folks though!) - mind you, I AM the youngest and best looking in the band! :smug:

11. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Being rather ugly and shy to boot, I can't live up to the stereotype. Girls can spot the "no fun" type a mile off.

12. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    Lead singers usually get the most, unless there is someone in the band better looking. All things being equal (in terms of looks), lead singers interact more with the audience and therefore get more women. Seems to be the way it goes mostly.

13. Inflin

Inflin

Apr 30, 2007
    Newcastle, UK/Currently London
    Affiliated with Genelec, Avalon Design.
    This!

It does seem very true.

14. i feel you pain /cry :bag::bag::bag::bag::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:

15. 3fingerbassist

3fingerbassist

Dec 19, 2009
    NZ
    nah man it goes like this

1.singer gets most chicks
    2. guitar lead gets new gf every 5min
    3. guitar rhythm has a descent gf
    4. drummer gets chicks
    5. bass player get stoned and gets the horny chicks

bass all about the drugs man not the woman (for me anyway)

16. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    The most? Definitely not. The best looking? Yes ;)

17. Rudreax

Rudreax

Jun 14, 2008
    New York, NY
    I've found that I can talk to the ladies VERY easily, so I have no problem getting to know them. The only real problem is that everyone around me at a show is at least 5-7 years older, and being underage in the bar scene doesn't really help too much.

Outside of shows, though, there's no problem.

18. cedar

cedar

Oct 28, 2009
    Et Kah Neenah
    yep, still got a hot chick after 15 years... and we're in the same band... :smug:

19. I guess since this is mostly an adult thread I have to admit receiving very positive comments on my ... fingerstyle technique from the ladies :D

Take that, pick players :)

20. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    Playing live for ~4 and a half years, been in a relationship for 4 of those, so apart from a....less than well behaved....6 months, most definitely not, just the one woman here. Though I will add, I seem to have the most women talking to me after we get off stage, and its damn sure not because of my good looks, so it must be the bass. Did have a girl interject in a joking argument between me and one of my guitar players about which women preferred, she just sat down and said, "Look.....bass players.....they're bigger and they know how to use their fingers.....why would a woman want anything else?" I was amused.