1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So, do you live up to the bass player stereotype "Bassists get the most chicks?"

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by MistaMarko, Feb 18, 2008.

1. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    Twenty five years with my lead singer.

2. Arlekiin

Arlekiin

Mar 29, 2010
    Estonia, Tallinn
    Designer and founder of "The Board" https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Board/716552605119644?ref=br_tf
    Hahaha, its the same with me...

3. FenderPunk

FenderPunk

Jan 26, 2010
    I do but thats cuz im a muscular 15 year old (sorry 40+ guys who are starting to get guts, love yall though yall are the inspiration) and im geeting high school chicks so its different, they cant tell the difference between a guitar and bass. Sadly yes high school girls are that dumb sometimes. i doubt they could count the strings.

4. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    A couple years back before I started playing bass I was at a show and I found this guitar. So I picked it and was walking around with and instantly got sorounded by chicks. Then years later when i started playing bass (never played the guitar fyi) I have yet to get a single girl to talk to notice me... other then my fiance' who I met before I started playing.

5. steveo33

steveo33

Nov 11, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    Maybe if you meant bassists get the most freaks. Once in a great while one will be a looker hanging near the bass rig. I usually feel they're lost and looking for our guitar player. By the time I catch the fact they're interested in me, they've indeed migrated to our lead guitarist.

Guys seem to love me, though. :eyebrow:

6. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    well... i am always in the pocket-playing pool anyways...

7. AwesomeMcBadass

AwesomeMcBadass

Jul 15, 2009
    When has that ever been the stereotype?
    In most cases, the singer definitely gets the most, followed by the guitar player.

8. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I sing alot of lead vocals while playing bass, so I guess that attracts chicks. People tell me that I am the best looking member of the band, ( I guess, maybe:rollno:) But the best part is that my wife got tired of going to shows and usually stays home with my daughter while I am performing. She says she doesnt mind if I stray occasionally , as long as I dont bring anything home and she never finds out about it. I dont stray very often though. It does boost a guys ego to get some attention even if nothing comes of it. I usually just tell the girl/girls that it will take a long time to pack all this equipment up and I need to do my part. "But thanks for the offer anyway".

9. EdHunter

EdHunter

Jan 14, 2010
    Dublin
    Nope.

Guitarist is a weird, unabashed kinda perv who'll go after anything, drummer has had a girlfriend previously, closest I've been to sex was when I hit a girl in the shirt potato playing football in 8th Grade

10. Every good musicians should like experimenting.

:bag:

11. Heh... :smug:

I did. My 20's were pretty much a nonstop flesh fest. I'm just lucky I didn't ruin my plickstick with some horrible **** disease. Now I'm happily involved, so I feel no need to go around sowing strange fields.

12. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    I'm currently carrying on with the chick singer in my band.

She's my wife.

13. 30+ years ago (before I met my wife) I was very big and very buff. The girls who were into muscles I did very good with. Plus I had the best hair in the band.

14. I do.

Dreadlocks, muscles, and a low B...

15. Why do i get the feeling that that rumor was made up by a bass player? That said, its definitely true.

16. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    I would have to say no in my case. Despite my age I have the physique of a 12 year old and fall somewhere between Urkel and Bud Bundy on the sex appeal scale. Good thing I long ago gave up trying to pick up chicks cause it ain't gonna happen!

17. Danni Moe

Danni Moe

Mar 2, 2011
    I was always told that the guitarists get the most girls...but the bassist is the guy that girls take to meet their parents...because no girl wants a sleasy guitar pleyer sharing the couch with their mom.

And if that doesn't silence your friends...what's fingerstyle upside down?

18. OPBASSMAN1994

OPBASSMAN1994

Jul 30, 2010
    Ummmm...unfortunately, NO. :rollno:

19. I would say in my case yes. 2 reasons why.

#1 - I'm the only single guy in the band. I win by default

#2 - If that were not the case, I'm fairly good with girls and outgoing. The other guys are fairly shy so I would also say that too contributes. Other than that - if we went to a big show in a different city it maybe btwn all of us.

In my opinion singer gets most, then guitar, then bass and drums kinda a toss up. I move around the most and use the mic to talk to the crowd lots.

At our last show 2 girls were waiting right at the stage's exit waiting for me to walk down to talk to me as the show ended. It was the first time that has ever happened. The one girl was from Switzerland and said one of the best drunk comments ever "if you stay in Switzerland you can sleep at my house"

haahhaahahahah :smug:

Everyone will actually laugh out loud at this but I would have stayed for the night and partied downtown but I was leaving for a stag at 5am the next morning and my dad was at the show and said he was leaving early and would give me a ride to my place! hahahaha Fail on my part!

20. monkeyking

monkeyking

Feb 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just got home from a gig that we all thought would be death. Funky bar owner/ booking agent stuff beforehand, 5th show in three days, dead tired.

Totally killed the place. Wall to wall hotties. Phone numbers flying onto the stage.

I'm the only single guy. Raise the roof baby.

This thread has cracked me up like no other.