1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

so even more new acoustic stuff?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RobTheSkanker, Feb 25, 2008.

1. RobTheSkanker

RobTheSkanker

Aug 29, 2006
    Dundalk, MD
    So, I just finished reading the hands-on review of the B20 and AB50 amps in the new musicians friend catalog that just showed up in my mailbox.

In the conclusion the author stated:
    "You can't go wrong with these small Acoustics, and if you want something bigger, just wait. It's on the way."

Now I'm curious, would anybody happen to know anything about this?

2. A while back someone (the now-banned JimmyM) claimed there was going to be a 360(?) reissue. No details beyond the claim.

Mike

3. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    And what would the catalog folks at Musician's Friend know about it?

I guess I tend to see the Musician's Friend folks as just online versions of the rather cluesless GC "associates." Prolly not a fair assessment, but I just got back from dropping two and a half hundred at the local GC at lunch today, and as always it was an adventure just trying to get them to understand their own native tongue.

I have probably spent upwards of $10,000 there in the last two years, but every time I show up, it's like I'm just another gui**** looking for a pick with a death's-head logo on it or something.

4. RobTheSkanker

RobTheSkanker

Aug 29, 2006
    Dundalk, MD
    well that sounds good :)

then again "now-banned" makes me question this statement.

5. RobTheSkanker

RobTheSkanker

Aug 29, 2006
    Dundalk, MD
    yeah theres a fair amount of gui****s that i've run into, it just sounded definite in the article and that peaked my curiosity.

6. I'm not giving it any more credit that random internet rumour, but it would make sense. Why revive a brand name if you're not going to revive at least one of the products that put it on the map? If I were banking on a name, I'd bank on it, not produce a handful of low powered combos and hope that the name would sell them. Either way, we'll see.

Mike

7. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
  8. Huh. I guess I missed that thread. It is probably the source of Jimmy's information.

Mike

9. RobTheSkanker

RobTheSkanker

Aug 29, 2006
    Dundalk, MD

Yeah thats what I had thought when i saw one of those little combos I thought "hey they're back..... with only that!? that cant be right"

10. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005