Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So, exactly how many of you guys use your bass to bag the babes?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by quitactnthefool, Jul 28, 2002.

1. quitactnthefool

quitactnthefool

Jul 26, 2002
    Just wondering, since I'm a young lady who has spent some time with some bass players- and they are always using my love of music to try and score. Is it all of you, or what?

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Its not why I play, but sometimes they notice.:D

Peace
    Nick

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    If I were in it for the chicks I would have played guitar. Or piano. Chicks dig guys who can play piano- well. It kind of makes me wish I had taken those piano lessons. Live and learn, I suppose.

4. When I got my fretless shipped to work, all the cuties from Administration started paying more attention to me.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    My problem was my ex always asked me to write her complete songs on my bass, which isn't exactly the easiest thing to do.

6. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    It's hard to pick up ladies with the bass when I pay too much attention to my bass.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    My girlfriend thinks the same thing about me, and she's a guitarist!

Peace
    Nick

8. quitactnthefool

quitactnthefool

Jul 26, 2002
    Mike- I have to tell you. As a girl, so therefore the expert on girls, I would rather a guy play the bass than the piano any day. The piano is easy. Anyone can do it. Same for the guitar. I learned to play both in a few lessions( not great, but play)You can't say the same about the bass. It takes actual skill. Most of the other instruments are just window dressing.

9. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Nick

Man, my girl hinders my playing by taking my valuable practice time up.

10. quitactnthefool

quitactnthefool

Jul 26, 2002
    Hey bassable,
    Don't you mean your bass takes up your valuable girl pratice time? :)

11. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    An 8"x10" version of this posted in my cubicle at work :rolleyes:...

[​IMG]

Visiting lady co-worker: "How do you play that thing?!? You only have two hands"

Gotta' love`em :)

12. quitactnthefool

quitactnthefool

Jul 26, 2002
    Too bad Notduane. If you had more hands, maybe we could have talked! ;)

13. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    In my 15 years of steady gigging I've been hit on exactly 3 times BECAUSE I play bass. These were ladies that came up to me during breaks and said things like "You are the heart of the band", "Without you, no one would be dancing" and "You are the foundation". To me, it sounded like they knew what they were talikng about musically or played bass themselves. Whenever a girl comes up to my guitarist or singer, they say things like "You're cute"! To say nothing of their musical ability. So I would suggest if you want to play an instrument to "bag the babes", go for guitar/singing. You'll probably have all the meaningless sex you could ever want! A better goal would be to play bass, learn all you can about music, and let your PERSONALITY shine through your music!

14. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I tell you, I get hit on more as a Yoga instructor than as a bass player..... sheesh!:D

15. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Isn't it a common complaint..."oh! tcha! He was an octopus last night :( " ?

;)

16. quitactnthefool

quitactnthefool

Jul 26, 2002
    I don't know about anyone else, but the octopus thing is fine with me! ;)

17. quitactnthefool

quitactnthefool

Jul 26, 2002
    And I see the yoga thing, Jon. Girls probaly just figure you're really limber, and decide to go for it. Who can blame them, right?

18. Scoring isnt the reason I got into music. Oh ok, I lie. :)
    Jim

19. quitactnthefool

quitactnthefool

Jul 26, 2002
    I'll admit it. I love music, and I perform for the love of it , but also for the benefits. When you're on stage and the crowd's going nuts and you lock eyes with someone- let's face it. It's over! Those coupla seconds make all the bad stuff that come along with life on the road worth it! No shame in it.

20. you're right, the eye-contact at a gig can be awsomne! especially when they come to you after the gig and tell yah you're a hell of a bassist and then you start talking and.... ;)