So, FedEx has lost my Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Steve, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    They know it's not in Orlando....they know it's not in St. Augustine...but as far as the rest of the planet goes, they ain't got a clue.

Out of 5 dealings with Fedex this year, they have hopelessly screwed up 4 of them. Including flat out lieing about delivery attempts made.

Incompetant effing morons!

How long do you figure a bass can sit in the back of a 130 degree FedEx truck in Florida before the neck warps and the fretboard delaminates and the frets pop?
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

this is horrible!

3. No matter what you do, sometimes you cannot escape stupid delivery service company botches.

And for some reason it seems to happen to a lot of bass players.
  4. Yeeowch!

I hope you get this resolved real quickly. :eek:
  5. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
  6. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    you're telling me!!!!

last week i ordered a bow from Bob (All Hail!) Gollihur - it got to my house and my old lady signed for it. the long box it came in was really damaged - i looked it over and not damage to the bow - the but the fact of the matter is that everytime i se FedEx, something fishy happens.

UPS has never done me wrong, but that doesn't mean they are angels.

above all, nothing is worse than a lost bass or a totalled Aguilar amp (another thead) - my thoughts go out to you guys....

7. Bassart1

Bassart1 Guest

Jun 26, 2003
    Did you insure the bass? if so you should be covered.
  8. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    Dang, feel for ya. I wonder if they when they do come up on a 5 finger, it's an inside job, you know like the supervisor is involved or something. I'd be pissed! You should try and tell them that because of the screw up you missed an important 200 dollar gig and you want to be compensated for that or else your lawyers will be calling or something.
  9. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i've never had any problems with Fed-Ex ... if you have tracking numbers , they should respond quickly and hopefully find your bass .
    still , it' not very good advertising to lose packages ... :meh:
    good luck , hope everything turns out for the best !
  10. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    :eek: I'd be on sdme sort of killing spree if that ever happened to me :eek:
  11. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    We all need a collective moment of silence and pray that that Sad is found......lets hope it is found soon! BTW, why does this always seem to happen to us lowenders? Seems like guitar players never lose anything in transit.
  12. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Don't kill em, where's the fun and sport in that? Maim them, perhaps, kill them, no. If they're right-handed, cut off their right hand and left foot. Fun to watch them try to sort packages that way. And the left foot is the clutch foot, you get to hear them grinding their gears even more than they already do!
  13. Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    Fedex is the better of the few shippers too :(. Man, I think my heart would skip a few beats (not in a good way) if my gear arrived like that.
  14. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    that really sucks jsut as bad as phunkie's destroyed aggie 750
    one question.............
    If, in a fit of rage one were to "go postal" on Fed Ex employees, does that mean in a similar situation one would "go Fed Ex" on USPS employees? This has me stumped.
  15. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Hope it works out!

As Biker4Him can testify, a minty Rickenbacker got "misplaced" by FedEx Ground, but it did show up after a few days and arrived safe and sound. I think it went to the wrong regional transfer point, and sat in a warehouse a few days. I'd guess (& hope) that your Sadowsky is somewhere similar and not sitting in a truck. That's scary stuff though.

16. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I feel for ya. I have had things go "missing" a few times. Usually because of incompetency..... thanks god they all eventually made it to their destinations. Hopefully it is just a case of a misplaced order.

Juding from some of the damage I have seen done to certain items..... I think this might be the your typical delivery service employee........
  17. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I insured it for 3k on the way out there. I don't know what Pat Wilkins insured in for on the return. I'm waiting to hear back from him about that.

What good is insurance going to do? When was the last time you saw a primo used PJ5 go up for sale? It would cost over $3800 and six months of my life to get a new one.

Even if it shows up next week perfect. I'm going to have ZERO confidence in that neck after sitting around baking in Florida.

Maybe I'll get lucky and the morons sent it to Alaska
  18. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Oh Man!! That's the worst shipping screw up I heard of! That sucks....
  19. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Terrible news. I can't believe they don't know it's whereabouts using their tracking number. :eyebrow: Unbelieveable :mad:.

I hope they find it for you really soon!
  20. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    With so many continuing efforts for quality inside the company, I believe that one of these days FedEx will succeed in even losing their own vehicles...