1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So...happy...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Apr 4, 2006.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I got into King's College School of Journalism for the fall semester! And man, I am stoked! located in Halifax and associated with Dalhousie University, it really is my dream school. Plus, they only give out about 40 acceptances! I feel so honored. They also have a unique first year program devoted to nothing but studying great literature from the early ages until modern times. Lots of reading, writing and analyzing, all the stuff I love. The school also combines the pros of a small school (King's College is just over 1000 students) with the pros of a large school (Dalhousie is something around 10,000). Also, Halifax is an awesome city, everyone is super friendly! Man, I'm so excited!

Sorry for not digging up the college acceptance/rejection thread, but this to me was so exciting I just had to make an exclamation of it! Plus, I'm lazy. :smug:

Halifax here I come! :hyper: :hyper:

2. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Congrats!

All that hard work paid off, then. Good job! You'll love Halifax,
    great place and Dalhousie has a great rep.

You should feel honored. With that few acceptances, they are
    looking for only the best. Obviously, you stand in high regard
    in the admissions office for achievement.

I'll bet your parents are thrilled as well.

Good luck and props to you, Scott.

3. very cool!
    what are you going to study?

(i realize journalism, but what field are you planning to go into?)

4. Totally cool, Scott!! My sister is going into journalism, hoping to be a staff writer for the Oregonian. I hope things go well for ya.

Rock on
    Eric

5. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Sounds to me like you'll make a darned fine journalist, son. :p

6. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Lazy right now...;)

And Bassman, I'm thinking newspaper journalism right now, as it gives me an opportunity to write, which I like. Magazine is also a possibility. Then again, I haven't had a ton of exposure to TV and Radio, so who knows?

And yes, my parents are very excited.