So Heres My Situation (need cab/head requests)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by schmittuml, Aug 18, 2005.

1. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    So here is my situation. I am currently running a GK 1001-RBII into an Eden 410XLT (8ohm).... I plan to get another rig and run 2 together, so i can A/B split and use the eden 410 as my effects channel, and have another rig as my clean channel. My preference is a 215 so I can have a nice vintage tight low end out of my marcus miller, but also a fat low from my mod flea 5. So my setup would be my 1001RB/410XLT and another setup. I would like something along the lines of a 215...but am up for suggestions on other stand alone cabs for a nice solid clean tone? also head suggestions with that would be appreciative.

Money isn't too big of a deal im not looking for cheap gear but im not looking to buy accugroove anytime in the future.

Looking for cab and head recommendations for my clean tone...... let er rip!

2. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I got lots of suggestions for ya dude!

1)Kustom groove bass 1200 head into a trace elliot 410
    2)EA IAM800 into a epifani UL 410
    3)SWR 750X and a goliath 3 (goliath SR, or a Megoliath)
    4)Ashdown evo 900 and a Berg 2x15
    5)Thunderfunk TFB550 and a Berg 2x15
    6)QSC PLX 3002+some clean preamp of your choice and any schroeder cab or cab combination of your choice. (1212, 1210, 21012, 410, 310212.)

The list is in no paticular order lots of good choices, but I could go further in depth with em, but thats to just start ya out with.

Hope ya find somethin!

-Rob :bassist:
  3. Another 1001RB and an Eden 215XLT would rock.
  4. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Why not A/B your signal before the effects, and run a line from the effects into the same amp as the line from your other channel out of the A/B

As in:

BASS ---> A/B selector
    A channel to bass amp
    B channel to effects, then to bass amp.

Unless you're planning on setting up a second amp with a completely different tone (even then you could probably get a pedal or two to achieve the "new" tone you want). It just seems like a huge burden to carry around two amps when you could potentially do the same with one.
  5. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    bump for any more ideas?
  6. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
  7. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Yeah, I checked out the 4-10 and the 2-12 the last time I was out in California. The 4-10 was a bit bigger sounding, the 2-12 a bit warmer and fatter. Both sounded significantly better than any of the RedLine cabs to me.