1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So ... 'House Of Cards' ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Oddly, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Just curious if anyone's been watching the final series?

I've just finished it, and while I did think there was some fine acting from some good characters, overall I thought it was all a bit of a pointless, confused mess.

Right from the start of series one it was a show I enjoyed (unusually for me, as political drama isn't an area I'd usually go for, but Kevin Spacey was masterful and that hooked me).
    I think it just went on too long, and the writers lost their way.
    Thoughts?

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    It got old for me after he got shot. I can’t remember what was happening in the show. When you have a show with a style like that you gotta keep the audience guessing. Every single moment can’t be super intense for no reason.

3. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Check out the original British series. It's only 12 episodes, and everything wraps up nice & neat. :)

Oddly likes this.
  4. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Yeah, I've seen that...really good.

5. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    They should have axed it after his fall from grace. They ended it on the perfect note with Claire's "My turn" comment.