1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So how bad are the roads in your town?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stratovani, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Here in the sleepy little hamlet of Spencer, Massachusetts the roads are so bad you'd swear the US Army Armored Corps regularly had maneuvers here. Main Street, which is Route 9 going west of Worcester, is starting to ripple as you go through the center of town, and potholes keep springing up like mushrooms. But the worse road has to be Maple Street, which is State Route 31 running north-south. Years of digging and filling and potholes and patching has left it about as smooth as the back roads of your typical Army base. I've had one strut spring on the driver's side of my car break on me already, $250 to replace that whole strut assembly, and now I'll have to replace the passenger's side strut cartridge, at $75 a pop. I've already replaced the wheel bearing assemblies on both front wheels, at $75 each. I wouldn't be surprised if I had to replace the ball joints as well. Thank God I can do all the work myself! I don't think there is a single smooth street in all of Spencer, except for a short stretch of Maple Street in front of the Catholic church. I've never seen roads so bad before!:eek:

How are things in your neck of the woods?

2. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    Pretty bad. Especially with a sport suspension. [​IMG]

Two seasons... Winter and Road Construction. :rollno:

3. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    I live in Italy's fifth most populated city (it's around 1.5 million people including the suburbs) and pretty much in the center of the city itself,right in front of the tribunal...well the roads here are so bad that I more than once hit a bump and almost fell off my scooter,which a few times lost its bag for the same reason (luckily there was no car behind me otherwise it would have easily broken their carglass...don't even wanna think about that)...meh.

4. crucislancer

crucislancer Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I used to live northeast from you, at Fort Devens. That was years ago, but the roads in Ayer where always completely awful.

Where I live now, the roads are pretty bad. The town I work in, Petaluma, has a reputation for some of the worst roads in the county. Rohnert Park, where I live, isn’t quite so bad, but they recently did some road work a few blocks from my apartment that left a lot to be desired. Made it worse, I think.

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Where I live, pretty nifty.

Where I work, a nightmare.

6. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"...

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Up here in Quebec you'd swear you were driving in a third world country. The potholes here are like moon craters... :eek:

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Where I grew up, in PA, I lived on a dirt road.

Where I live now, well, it's a city. Roads are pretty good here... of course they have pot holes / expansion joints / etc. but every road has those.

8. Hoover

Hoover Inactive

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    Is anyone here from downtown Beirut? 'cuz I don't wanna offend anyone or be accused of being insensetive when I say that after this past winter the roads in my town are like downtown Beirut.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020