Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So, how did you become a mod?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, the subject says it, how did you become a mod?

2. You have to pass a series of test first. Not just any tests, but tests of character.

First test: Pull the sword out of the stone of trolls. Success comes to few, but to those who do, of two the second test

second test: edit 20 trolls posts, and get the runaway thread back on track

third test: bikini wax JT, Wayne Newton, Paul, and George Burns :eek:

fourth test: run around the earth so fast, you warp your self 3 minutes back in time

fifth test: give Mike Money a swirlie :)D)

finale test: Argue as both sides about the RIAA, File Shaping, Bruce Lindfield, Custom Basses, Jaco, ect, ect...

once you have finished these tests, and can hold 7 pool balls in your mouth, you are eligible to become a mod. But Paul has to say you are worthy enough. So he makes you eat a bowl of cereal.. WITH OUT MILK!!

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    hey FF...you forgot you have to be able to type with your.....:D

4. no no, it's just a special talent of mine! :D ;) :oops:

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    i am far to fat to be given swirlies.

6. thats why we use the fat person tolite!

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    one word. ouch.

here's some more words:

Well, that sounds like a LSD induced version of lord of the rings

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    By making pretty pictures

also:
    [​IMG]

9. <--- has no photoshopping skillz :( :(

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    [​IMG]

How's that for a pretty picture? :D

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    damn it! i should have expected something like this from someone who hasn't jumped off the ship :spit:

ps: lol

12. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    [​IMG]

There ya go, I fergot something.

ARGH!!!

13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I could tell you.....but then I'd have to feed you:ninja:

14. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    well actually....itsn't it just big time sucking up to the mods (especially the OT mods) to get their approval so thay put in a good word to paul?

no seriously though....i may be wrong....but i think that mods are (usually respected) members of the board who volunteer their time to comb through every post to make sure everything is going by the rules

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

He knows! :ninja:

16. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    2-4 years of dedication and learning. Aswell as sharing ;)

17. There is a ritual, one that was formed many many threads ago, back during the heyday of the old Talkbass empire. These were the days of the old smilies, which didn't have cool vB code and couldn't move.

The ritual consisted of taking a live troll, and battling it with nothing but your wits and you delete approval code. When you had defeated your enemy, you had to find your way through the labryinth known and Double Bass Forum. When you had reached the center, known as DB Off Topic, you had to fight Ed Fuqua on matters of Rosin and bows. Only those of superior intellect, wits, and strength of character could withstand his Fuqua-isms. When you finally backed him into a corner using his own logic against him, you could turn around and take the Holy Omni-Ring of Power, which you see us Moderators wear. It is a symbol of power, of strength, of will, and of an ability to make bad puns on things like carrots.

I wear mine with pride.:D

Things have degraded since then. The "tests" that Freaky talked about are nothing compared to the old ways. But the New Talkbass Empire is soft, softer than many think. No longer do threads on which way the toilet paper should roll course unbound through Off Topic. No longer does the server shut down for long stretches due to over use. The people of the New Talkbass Empire, while pround of their small nation, do not realize the effort that was made to help create the first Empire. Some still remember those days, but their number is fading fast, as "outside" lives continue to interfere. Soon, only the oldest, and the wisest, will remember the days long ago, when Biski used to romp and play under a Punch the Monkey ad.

Rock on
    Eric:bassist:

18. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    and when was the old empire? did i join the board at the time it was still going? did i experience it?

19. Please...I'd make a good mod....

No, I'm serious

20. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Personally, I'm a mocker...

(Hot carrots to the first person to decipher this arcane reference).